FMC Corporation is a leading specialty company focused on agricultural technologies. FMC provides innovative and cost-effective solutions to enhance crop yield and quality by controlling a broad spectrum of insects, weeds and disease, as well as in non-agricultural markets for pest control. FMC is a globally diverse organization that offers its employees exciting opportunities to work on challenging projects that are important to the achievement of our strategic objectives. Your education and professional experience are valued and put to use from day one. Your success at completing key initiatives can result in a varied, progressive and fulfilling career with FMC. With a corporate culture of innovation, integrity, responsibility and customer intimacy, we foster "The Right Chemistry" in everything we do. We are looking for people to join us in creating, developing, and improving our products, our processes, and our markets. If you are ready to make a difference every day, FMC is ready to talk to you.
FMC Agricultural Solutions is looking for a Principle Investigator within the Insecticide Discovery Biology group at our Stine Research Center in Newark, Delaware. The mission of the Insecticide Discovery Group is to discover new insecticide active ingredients qualified for commercial development. The successful candidate will work independently, collectively across business functions, supervise, and mentor a small team on projects related to the discovery, optimization and characterization of safe and sustainable new insect control technologies.
Working in a team environment, the successful candidate will have job responsibilities which include but are not limited to the following:
- Designing, implementing and analyzing experiments to answer specific research questions
- Overseeing the development and implementation of growth chamber/greenhouse bioassays and field trials to detect the effects of chemicals on insects and crops
- Data collection, collation, analysis and generation of reports using various software tools
- Summarization and communication of technical results for diverse audiences in both internal and external meeting formats
- Troubleshooting impediments to successful test implementation and devising improvements in testing protocols
- Compound dilution, preparation, formulation and application of test solutions
- Supporting propagation and maintenance of vigorous insect cultures and host plants, at proper levels and ambient conditions, for continuous bioassay utilization
Ph.D. in Entomology or related discipline with a working knowledge of agriculturally important insects of major crops and their control; specific experience with crop protection compounds, field trials is an advantage. Post Doc experiences with multiple crop/pests projects would be added advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to work safely in a fast-paced team environment
- Willingness to work with chemicals of unknown toxicological hazard in accordance with strict safety measures
- Ability to manage time and priorities in an independent environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment to achieve group objectives; ability to share technical knowledge with others and promote the development of the team
- Familiarity with and interest in conducting greenhouse, controlled environment chamber, and laboratory bioassays
- Experience with designing laboratory studies, field protocols and research projects
- Knowledge of agricultural cropping systems, pests, practices and products
- Strong critical thinking capabilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good computer skills with an ability to learn new proprietary software
At FMC, diversity and inclusion are in our DNA. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to creating an inclusive workplace where all employees can thrive - regardless of race, gender, sex, pregnancy, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, color, age, religion or religious creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. FMC also supports employee participation in company employee resource groups that celebrate the diverse backgrounds of our workforce by providing communities for employees to connect with each other and raise awareness throughout FMC.
FMC complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact our Talent Acquisition department at email@example.com.