Environmental Compliance Manager
Date: Jul 16, 2021
Location: Skippers, VA, US, 23879
Company: Black & Veatch Family of Companies
We believe real value is powered by the unique skills and experiences of our professionals. The interchange of ideas from a diverse group of people gives our teams an expanded perspective and the ability to find better solutions for our clients.
Company : Overland Contracting Inc
Req Id : 36209
Job Title : Environmental Compliance Manager
Location : PJSKIPPER
Business Unit Sector : OCI-POWER-PROJECTS SERVICES
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Project Only Hire : No
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
Environmental Compliance Manager will lead the environmental compliance program for all solar projects.
- Responsible for developing and maintain the environmental compliance program for all solar projects.
- Developing and maintaining the Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) for all solar projects - assisting with undertaking all aspects of EIA at all stages of the project, including design, feasibility, screening/scoping, reporting, construction and post construction monitoring;
- Writing supporting documents for planning applications and other environmental consents;
- Directing environmental fieldwork. Responsible for checking, monitoring all storm water pollution prevention plan (SWPPP) measures. Document and provide feedback on all corrective measures to site manager and superintendent. Develop, Maintain and update the Spill prevention, control and counter measures (SPCC) plan. Responsible for maintaining the Environmental Resource Plan (EERP).
- Liaising with project teams, clients, stakeholders and the public as required;
- Directing field staff and craft on all environmental control preventive measures and corrective actions.
- Experience with Stork Water Pollution Prevention Plans.
- Experience maintaining Environmental Resource Plans.
- Knowledge of creating and manintaining Spill Prevention, Control and Counter Measures.
- Solar construction project experience.
Minimum of 3 years' experience performing duties similar to those of an Environmental Scientist 5. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Normal office environment. May be subject to extreme cold (temperatures below 30 degrees for periods of more than one hour), extreme heat (temperatures above 90 degrees for periods of more than one hour), hazards (electrical currents, working on scaffold
SPC: Specialized Staff
Black & Veatch endeavors to makeaccessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process because of a disability, please contact the Employee Relations Department at (913) 458-2147. This contact information is fordisability accommodation requests only; you may not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications. General inquiries about the status of applications will not be returned.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy.
Our comprehensive benefits portfolio is a key component of this commitment and offers an array of health care benefits including but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurances along with disability and a robust wellness program.
To support a healthy work-life balance, we offer flexible work schedules, paid vacation and holiday time, sick time, and dependent sick time.
A variety of additional benefits are available to our professionals, including a company-matched 401k plan, adoption reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, vendor discounts, an employment referral program, AD&D insurance, pre-taxed accounts, voluntary legal plan and the B&V Credit Union. Professionals may also be eligible for a performance-based bonus program.
We are proud to be a 100 percent ESOP-owned company. As employee-owners, our professionals are empowered to drive not only their personal growth, but the company's long-term achievements - and they share in the financial rewards of the success through stock ownership.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickand.
Notice to External Search Firms: Black & Veatch partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Black & Veatch will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visitand register with our referral code: bv123. Once registered, Black & Veatch will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
Nearest Major Market: Richmond
Job Segment: Electrical, Engineering