Senior Director, Business Development - Climate Action
Climate change is a defining issue of our time. Do you want to play an even bigger part in advancing climate action? We're looking for an experienced and innovative Business Development (BD) professional to drive growth in our climate advisory business. Come work alongside our newly launched ICF Climate Center www.icf.com/climate, drawing from our 40+ years as one of the world's leading climate consultancies to help clients achieve smart, resilient, and low-carbon-growth.
You will build, qualify, and manage a pipeline of opportunities and lead capture activities. You will develop strategic relationships across client organizations, identify new and emerging opportunities, and best position ICF to pursue those opportunities. You'll work with world class experts to develop winning strategies.
What you'll be doing:
- Identify and qualify viable opportunities aligned with ICF strategy, growth objectives, and priorities; maintain active, quality pipeline and capture portfolio
- Lead disciplined pursuits through qualification, positioning, proposal submittal, interview, and negotiation phases; typically handling and advancing multiple efforts concurrently
- Actively engage in and contribute to relevant strategy development and business planning
- Lead development of win strategies and identify critical activities and resources needed to increase win probability; includes competitive analysis, pricing strategy, solutioning
- Drive client-focused activities, including setting up and attending key client and stakeholder meetings throughout the life of the capture
- Source teaming partners and work with business leads to negotiate teaming agreements and work share, including focus on diverse partnerships
- Work with solution leads/subject matter experts, as applicable, to develop and advance technical and programmatic solutions, including relevant demonstrations and testing with the client
- Work with marketing team and subject matter experts to align thought leadership, targeted campaigns, social media activity with priority pursuits
- Participate in business planning activities to include regular pipeline and gate reviews, as well as proposal reviews; diligently maintain CRM and reports/updates on opportunities
What you'll need to perform the role successfully:
- Bachelor's Degree and 10+ years experience.
- Prior BD/Capture Management experience, including a record of winning new Federal business opportunities, along with relevant and current market and domain knowledge around climate and clean energy
- Solid understanding of Federal contracting and procurement cycles
- Firm understanding of a disciplined capture process; strong organizational skills, initiative, and commitment to high-quality work
- Ability to apply critical thinking and properly analyze and qualify opportunities, including sound recommendations for go/no-go decisions
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to gain support and establish working relationships with program/project managers, technical leads, SMEs, peers, and all levels of internal staff
- Ability to work as part of an integrated business development team
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you're seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF-together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy (https://www.icf.com/legal/equal-employment-opportunity) .
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated\files/employers/poster\screen\reader\optimized.pdf) and Pay Transparency Statement (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp\English\unformattedESQA508c.pdf) .
DC Remote Office (DC99)Need help? We're here:ICFCareerCenter@icf.com
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting services company with over 7,000 full and part-time employees, but we are not your typical consultants. At ICF, business analysts and policy specialists work together with digital strategists, data scientists and creatives. We combine unmatched industry expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help organizations solve their most complex challenges. Since 1969, public and private sector clients have worked with ICF to navigate change and shape the future. Learn more at icf.com.