The HSE Manager will provide Health, Safety, and Environment leadership for all Sabert sites by developing programs that can be effectively implemented across multiple sites.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provide leadership for all implementation, enforcement and continuous improvement of Sabert's environmental, health, safety policies and processes. Plan, direct, and implement new corporate policies, procedures, and standards at all sites.
* Develop and manage HSE programs so that employees are injury free and have a high degree of consciousness and ownership about safety and health issues.
* Develop and implement programs to achieve injury free work sites. Drive accountability among all function t o eliminate accidents and injuries.
* Identify, evaluate, prevent and control environmental, health and safety hazards at the site.
* Ensure compliance, conservation, and protection of the environment.
* Implement and maintain industrial hygiene programs and standards.
* Interface with regulatory agencies on HSE matters.
* Communicate HSE progress, status, and issues to the entire organization.
* Proactively build awareness of HSE at Sabert through continuous communication strategies, such as bulletin board postings, signage, safety topics of the months, safety newsletter seminars, etc.
* Develop annual calendar for all required OSHA safety training.
* Conduct and document thorough accident, incident, and "near-miss" investigations, and provide recommendations for process, procedure or equipment changes to eliminate future occurrences.
* Provide leadership and direction for cross-functional site safety committee.
* Perform job hazard analyses, citing specific hazards in manufacturing and methods for remediation. Administer and report the proper HSE metrics and measurements to Sabert leaders/
* Comply with all OSHA and other related regulatory requirements for documentation and reporting. Audit all HSE related activities.
* Evaluate current Safety Rewards and Recognition program for potential improvement.
* Administer all required Emergency Evacuation Drills.
* Actively seek improved HSE practices through benchmarking and active participation in HSE related seminars and organizations.
* Work closely with independent contractors on site to ensure proper HSE practices by their employees. Administer contractor safety programs.
* Participate with the Global HS&E Team on the weekly conference calls and be active sharing best practices.
Work in accordance with all company policies and procedures regarding employment, safety, quality, product safety and legality, security, and regulatory compliance as applicable.
* Bachelor degree in safety engineering, environmental or industrial hygiene or comparable field; or the equivalent knowledge and experience.
* Five plus years of leading a manufacturing plant environmental and safety compliance programs, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
* Strong knowledge of federal and local HSE regulations, including OSHA, EPA, and CDC.
* Demonstrated ability to recognize, evaluate, and recommend controls for workplace hazards.
* Demonstrated ability to determine training needs, organize and/or conduct training.
* Excellent communication, facilitation, ownership, and leadership skills.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects and tasks and demonstrated success in fast-paced, execution-critical environments.
* Demonstrated interpersonal skills and an integrated team working style.
* Proven ability to influence and gain commitment across business functions.
* Excellent written and formal presentation skills.
* A self-starter with high energy and a passion for results.
* Demonstrated proficiency with computer applications.
* Lean Six Sigma experience preferred.
* Ergonomics, human factors or industrial engineering background preferred.
PAY, BENEFITS AND MORE.
Sabert is eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
We are a leading global manufacturer of innovative food packaging products and solutions. Our company was founded in 1983 on a single mission: to enhance and advance the way people enjoy food . Today we design, manufacture and distribute a wide spectrum of packaging solutions for food distributors, restaurants & caterers, grocery stores, national food chains and consumer entertaining.