External Job Opportunity
Senior Environmental Compliance Officer
Central Plateau Cleanup Comp
* Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Biological/physical Science or similar technical discipline and a minimum of 6 years of directly applicable environmental experience.
* Ability to gain the ECO qualification.
* Be able to qualify for entry into radiological controlled areas and complete training for work at TSD facilities and CERCLA cleanup sites per 29 CFR 1910.120.
Job Duties/Scope Of Work
WORK SAFE, MAKE A DIFFERENCE, AND BE A PART OF HISTORY WITH THE CPCCo TEAM!
At Central Plateau Cleanup Company (CPCCo), located in Richland, Washington, we are working to provide a sustainable future for the historic Hanford area through the protection of the Columbia River and the remediation of the Central Plateau. To achieve our mission, we need exceptionally talented, innovative, and driven people to help us reduce risks on the Hanford Site by removing some of the most hazardous waste streams and facilities in the Department of Energy (DOE) complex. If you would like to work with a highly skilled workforce to achieve unique and challenging goals that critically impact our environment and community, this is your chance to be a part of our legacy!
The Duties and Job responsibilities of a CPRM (Central Plateau Risk Mitigation) Environmental Compliance Officer include:
* Identify applicable environmental requirements and assist management in establishing and implementing compliance strategies.
* Work with others to develop and maintain environmental regulatory documentation (e.g., CERCLA, RCRA, NEPA, CAA, TSCA, etc.) and provide compliance reporting information.
* Review work planning documents and environmental documents to ensure that environmental requirements are included and implemented. Ensure that regulatory-based defensible positions are developed to be communicated to management and decision-makers.
* Perform field compliance assessments and correct work practices so that activities to meet requirements of permits, decision documents, and/or regulatory agreements. Identify environmental regulatory compliance issues and coordinate with operations and regulatory staff to resolve issues.
* Provide input on behalf of customers to support development of site-wide environmental reports or deliverables. Coordinate or support regulatory compliance activities associated with waste sites. Support and/or perform self-assessments.
* Gather information on spills, releases, and environmental non-compliance and ensure that applicable notifications and reporting are completed. Participate in critiques and investigations regarding environmental protection or compliance. Provide recommendations on corrective actions and resolution of incidents.
* Provide input to support development of site-wide environmental reports or deliverables.
* Conduct professional and positive interactions with the client, internal customers, and regulatory personnel.
* Champion and help implement the CPCCo Integrated Safety Management System/Environmental Management System
* One year of nuclear facility experience.
* Prior experience interacting with regulatory agency personnel, knowledge across the breadth of environmental requirements, and in-depth knowledge in at least one program area (radiological/chemical characterization, RCRA, CERCLA removal/remedial action, waste management, air emissions, chemical management, liquid effluents, etc.) are also desired.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
* Desire to work in the field with others.
* Self-starter, organized, detail oriented, enjoys working in teams and ability to maintain productive working relationships.
* Familiarity with Department of Energy requirements, Hanford facility compliance agreements, and radioactive materials management requirements.
A few benefits/perks you can anticipate, depending on the nature of your employment with CPCCo, include the following:
* A casual-dress work environment, where jeans are a regular thing.
* A standard 4-10's work schedule that allows for long weekends and recharging on the Columbia River, on a golf course, at 200+ surrounding wineries, or at other Pacific Northwest destinations where fishing, hunting, snowboarding, hiking, and other outdoor sporting opportunities are in abundance.
* An excellent benefits package, effective day one of hire, which includes a generous 401K Savings Plan, Medical/Vision/Dental Insurance Options, Flexible Spending Accounts, Holiday/Vacation Pay, and more!
CPCCo is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Relocation Funding Provided
U.S. Citizenship Required
Shift Work Required
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under federal law against discrimination. To view information regarding these rights, please click on these links:
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Central Plateau Cleanup Company (CPCCo) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital or family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. CPCCo is an E-Verify employer.