Our Research Scientists are our Inventors. We identify and target steps in disease mechanisms or pathways that could be inhibited or enhanced. Our goal is to isolate a compound that is effective against a disease target. Using innovative thinking, state-of-the-art facilities and robust scientific methodology we collaborate to discover the next medical breakthrough.
The Cellular Pharmacology group at the department of Quantitative Biosciences is seeking an innovative and experienced Senior Scientist with a strong background in cell signaling and vitro models of inflammation and oncology to join our Quantitative Biosciences Department at our Research & Development Division in Boston. The successful candidate will play an essential role in developing assays in cellular context for screening and translational relevance. The alignment of these screening and translational assays with biochemical, ex-vivo and in-vivo approaches will greatly enhance our capabilities in the discovery of innovative therapeutics.
- Working collaboratively with members of department and multi-functional drug discovery project teams, the successful candidate will support cellular aspects of in vitro pharmacology efforts against a variety of targets across diverse therapeutic areas.
- This individual will be expected to design and execute multiple cell based assays, to implement assay automation, new technologies and rigorous data analysis techniques in order to identify lead molecules, evaluate the structure-activity relationships and to characterize the mechanisms of action.
- Identify and apply emerging innovative methodologies to the development of advanced in vitro models in support of research projects targeting inflammation, autoimmune indications, and oncology.
- Establish novel translational in vitro approaches that represent human disease pathology to answer cellular signaling and mechanistic questions.
- Conduct high quality in vitro studies to evaluate novel targets and screen multi-modality drug candidates to establish translational relationships in multiple disease indications.
- Function and communicate effectively in a highly productive and multi-disciplinary environment.
- Hands-on knowledge in developing robust in vitro models with engineered and primary cell lines for conducting studies to evaluate targets or screening in immunology/cancer biology.
- Experience in primary immune cell isolation and stimulation, proliferation and apoptosis assays, immunoassay techniques/platforms (e.g. Western, ELISA, Mesoscale), as well as QRT-PCR. A greater understanding in employing pharmacological tools and vision of developing biomarker assays of translational importance is highly desirable.
- Expertise with flow cytometry, developing in vitro assays to investigate immune function and possess a deep knowledge of technologies commonly used to assess immune endpoints.
- Basic understanding of routine molecular biology, protein chemistry, imaging and automation skills
- Candidate should be a strong team player with excellent oral and written communication skills and with a demonstrated ability to solve problems independently and excel in a cross-functional team.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- B.S./B.A. degree with a minimum 7 years of industry experience; or an M.S. degree with 4 years of industry experience; or a PhD in immunology, oncology, pharmacology or related field with a minimum of 3 years post-doctoral experience
We are a research-driven biopharmaceutical company. Our mission is built on the simple premise that if we "follow the science" that great medicines can make a significant impact to our world. We believe that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to world-class science can succeed by inventing medicine and vaccine innovations that make a difference for patients across the globe.
Who we are ...
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as "Merck" in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as "MSD" in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world's biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for ...
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
Invent. Impact. Inspire.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Residents of Colorado
Click here (https://survey.sogosurvey.com/Survey1.aspx?k=SsQYWYYQsQRsPsPsP&lang=0) to request this role's pay range.
Current Employees apply HERE (https://wd5.myworkday.com/msd/d/inst/1422$1533/rel-task/3001$14.htmld)
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE (https://wd5.myworkday.com/msd/d/task/1422$4020.htmld)
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here (https://survey.sogosurvey.com/r/aCdfqL) if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC Poster (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf)
EEOC GINA Supplement?
OFCCP EEO Supplement (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP\EEO\Supplement\Final\JRF\QA\508c.pdf)
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another's thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:
Requisition ID: R122577