Our client, a 622-bed teaching hospital, along the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, is currently looking for a Microbiology Supervisor to oversee day to day operations of their clinical hospital microbiology and molecular laboratory.
Charlottesville and Albemarle County offer a unique experience in a picturesque setting! Delight in the finest restaurants, attend our events, stroll the brick-lined Downtown Mall or taste fruits and vino at our 30+ local orchards and vineyards. Charlottesville also serves as the economic, cultural, and educational center of a multi-county region in Central Virginia.
Responsible for the management and administrative functions for the Microbiology & Molecular laboratory. Responsible for policy development and implementation, regulatory compliance and quality assurance. Supervision is exercised over laboratory supervisors, clinical staff and support staff.
- Managing and authoring processes and procedures
- Training and presenting technical information to staff
- QA/QC of the departments
- Fiscal and budgeting responsibilities
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Evaluating laboratory operations consulting with pathologists; reporting results according to protocols mandated by the hospital and public health department
- Ensuring maintenance of medical laboratory equipment performance by developing operations, quality, and troubleshooting procedures; ensuring staff compliance; certifying instrument performance; arranging equipment replacement, service, and repair
- Maintaining medical laboratory supplies inventory, determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies
- Maintaining laboratory productivity, monitoring workload, identifying peak and slack periods
- Participating in the hospital quality assurance program; consulting with pathologists; performing proficiency surveys; reviewing QC & QA programs
- Maintaining medical laboratory staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training employees, counseling, reviewing/evaluating and disciplining employees as needed
- Complying with state and professional continuing education licensure requirements
- Contributing to benchwork as needed
Education and Certification:
- Bachelor's degree in biology
- ASCP or equivalent certification
HealthCare Connections, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other protected status pursuant to law.