is seeking a motivated Staff Environmental Scientist
, who is interested in participating on a variety of projects covering the full spectrum of ERM's services, to join our consulting firm in Richmond, VA
. In this role, you will work closely with Project Managers on wetland delineations, regulatory permitting, biological surveys, multi-media environmental compliance, and transactional due diligence projects. This is an excellent career opportunity to work with an expert consulting team on challenging environmental projects. Access to ERM's national experts provides knowledge sharing of best practices across the industry and ongoing learning opportunities for our team, while building the required experience to obtain your professional registration.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist and conduct field delineations of wetlands and Waters of the U.S.
- Assist with field surveys and threatened and endangered species surveys
- Assist in the preparation of permit applications under Section 404/401 of the Clean Water Act
- Perform environmental compliance assessments and implement follow-up corrective actions to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Perform Phase I environmental site assessments to support property transfer transactions.
- Conduct field work including delineating and surveying wetlands and Waters of the U.S., environmental sampling, and ecological field studies.
- Provide general environmental compliance support to clients, including on-site assistance, as needed.
- Compile and evaluate data and assist in report preparation.
- Perform multiple projects within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Support ERM Partners-in-Charge and Project Managers to effectively manage projects.
- Ability to serve in a staff support role in a client's office.
Who We Are:
- BS in environmental science, natural resources, biology, geology, or related degree.
- Recent graduate to 2 years of relevant environmental experience or professional internships.
- Wetland delineation experience or training and wetland and soil sciences background
- Working knowledge of native and non-native plant species in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills.
- Working knowledge in ArcGIS, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, possible 50% travel in state, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Local candidates preferred.
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world's leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our "boots to boardroom" approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!