Under the direction of the EH&S Sr. Manager, this candidate will have a passion for EH&S risks for a Waste Management facility and will perform various tasks around the facility, such as site inspections, observations and running regulatory reports.Primary Responsibilities:
- Walk the operating areas on a regular basis to establish EH&S presence and provide support.
- Conduct compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments to support Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) management.
- Perform facility EH&S inspections and maintain relevant EH&S logs and documentation.
- Ability to oversee Hazardous Waste Storage area and ensure regulatory agency compliance, including labeling, containment, proper disposal and documentation
- Assist in the compliance of applicable laws and regulations.
- Prepare applicable EH&S reports as necessary, including Tier II, Stormwater DMRs, and other applicable reports.
- Provide assistance and guidance on EH&S issues to make recommendations to facility management.
- Participate in incident investigations and Root Cause Analysis
- Develop Task Hazard Analysis (THA) with the facility staff
- Assist in the development and presentation of relevant EH&S training
- Observe EH&S regulations, wear all required safety equipment, encourages safe working practices, corrects obvious hazards immediately or reports them to the proper personnel.
- Maintain positive and proactive relations with managers and employees, as well as our customers and regulatory agencies.
- Assist in administering and maintaining compliance programs such as LOTO, Hazard Communication, Contingency Plan, Hearing Conservation, Hot Work, Respiratory Protection, BBP, etc.
- Comply with all company and EH&S procedures and policies.
- Ongoing tracking of key performance indicators (KPI) and evaluating progress toward improved workplace health and safety. Data collection, reporting, trends and analysis.
- Monitoring and administration of SMS/LMS platforms.