The Will Smith Zoo School is
recognized for its outstanding achievement, innovation in education program design, and implementation by the Zoological Association of America for early education preschools. As a part-time Teacher Assistant
for the award-winning Will Smith Zoo School
, you will empower children to appreciate, protect, and understand the world around them. Do you want to be part of a dynamic nonprofit organization
that focuses on educating young minds and securing a future for wildlife? If so, please read on! WORK SCHEDULE
Must be available Monday through Friday, with the ability to occasionally work weekends, holidays, and after-hour assignments. The hourly rate for this position is $12.00. WORK-LIFE BALANCE
Fun perks include discounts on entry, food, and merchandise!A DAY IN THE LIFE AS A TEACHER ASSISTANT
As Zoo School Teacher Assistant, you are primarily responsible for teaching and assisting at the Will Smith Zoo School, a nature-based preschool for children ages 3-5. You may also facilitate programs with parents and other education audiences when needed. QUALIFICATIONS FOR TEACHER ASSISTANT
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR HERD?
- Some colleges or coursework in education, biology, zoology, or other conservation/ environmental-related field?
- Commitment to the importance of nature play within the field of early childhood education.
- Commitment to conservation
- Experience working with children ages 3-8.
- Demonstrate verbal, written, and interpersonal skills; ability to be a creative and flexible team member.
- Experience and comfort in nature/working outdoors.
- Must be 18 years of age or older with a clean driving record for vehicle operation.
- Successful candidates must complete a pre-employment National Sex Offender Search, Criminal Background Check, Drug Screen, and TB Test.
- Must work in varying climates and weather conditions (rain, snow, hot, or cold).
All future zoo crew, please apply at sazoo.org and complete our application.
We look forward to meeting you! Job Posted by ApplicantPro