BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin's Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients' lives. Summary
The Research Associate I/II will partner closely with a team of scientists to provide technical assistance and support. He/She will primarily be responsible for sample processing and tissue extraction and will perform a variety of assays to assess pharmacokinetics, efficacy and mechanism of action of potential therapeutics.Responsibilities include:
- Receive, organize and manage tissue samples.
- Tissue processing such as the preparation of protein extracts and DNA/RNA extraction.
- Conduct biochemical assays such as ELISA, enzyme activity and Western Blot.
- Perform molecular assays such as qPCR and ddPCR.
- Thoroughly document procedures and results.
- Assist with lab organization as needed.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:Research Associate 2:
- Experience with handling animal tissues is desired.
- Candidates with previous laboratory experience in DNA/RNA purification, PCR, ELISA and Western Blot will be preferred.
- Ability to follow protocols to perform experiments.
- Willingness to learn new molecular and biochemical procedures.
- The position requires organizational skills, attention to detail, self-motivation, teamwork, and dedication to quality in a fast-paced setting.
- Bachelor's degree in biochemistry, molecular biology or genetics with at least 4 years of experience; Master's degree with at least 2 years of relevant experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.