Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (SPA) is a well-established and progressive defense contracting company in the DC Metro area. We are a professional services firm established in 1972 that has a long-standing reputation for unrivaled technical and analytical support to some of the top decision makers in the Federal Sector. We do state of the art work and have a cadre of outstanding professionals on our team.
SPA assists the Government in developing leading edge technologies to counter WMD in support of CCMDs and transitioning these technologies to services and SOCOM. SPA provides expertise across the full range of chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear and high-yield explosives (CBRNE) WMD, Counter Improvised Threat and Countering Threat Network technologies to support understanding, detection, identification, characterization, denial, control, disabling, defeating, disposing, safeguarding the force, managing consequences, and test and evaluation in support of military and civilian operations.
Provide R&D SME analysis support to the DTRA Operations Directorate with emphasis on biological threats. Serves as a technical/scientific resource on projects, analyzing problems and applying theoretical techniques to develop solutions Works on advanced, complex technical projects or business issues requiring state of the art technical or industry knowledge on subjects such as detection, protection, early warning, decontamination, etc. Review proposals, technical reports, experimental or theoretical techniques, scientific studies and statements of work to ensure technical validity and evaluate current and emerging chemical and biological defense technologies. Assist leadership with decision making analysis. Evaluate all project aspects, including design, development, execution, and implementation of chemical and biological research and development. Understanding capability gaps and assisting in setting project and product-level strategy and priorities, ensuring portfolios are responsive and mapped to program goals.
- Bachelor's Degree in Biology or related field (Biology, Organic Chemistry, Microbiology, or related scientific field)
- 8 years of experience in engineering, science, CBRN or WMD R&D programs
- Demonstrated physical science research and development experience
- DoD Secret level clearance, and the ability to maintain it
- Master's (or PhD w/4 years Post Doc) in Biology or related field.
- Knowledge of traditional and emerging chemical and biological (CB) warfare agents and R&D research in the area of CB defense
- Experience with the DoD Chemical and Biological Defense Program (CBDP) and DoD acquisition policies
- Familiarity with scientific program development, planning, programming and reporting; familiarity with animal rule, FDA, etc.