Bunge (NYSE: BG) is a world leader in sourcing, processing and supplying oilseed and grain products and ingredients. Founded in 1818, Bunge's expansive network feeds and fuels a growing world, creating sustainable products and opportunities for more than 70,000 farmers and the consumers they serve across the globe. The company is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri and has 25,000 employees worldwide who stand behind more than 350 port terminals, oilseed processing plants, grain facilities, and food and ingredient production and packaging facilities around the world. Overview:
Provide environmental, health and safety (EHS) leadership and technical expertise for the Bunge plant. Accountable for the execution of all EHS programs and plans that reinforce our safety-first culture by continuously improving our ability to prevent serious injuries, fatalities, environmental incidents, and ensuring compliance with applicable EHS regulations. Position reports to the plant manager. Essential Duties:
- Implement, maintain and update Bunge EHS standards and programs to promote a Best-in-Class EHS program with a focus on eliminating serious injuries & fatalities (SIF), high potential exposures (HPE) (e.g. confined space, lock, tag & try, electrical safety, mobile equipment, etc.), and environmental incidents and non-compliance events.
- Provide technical EHS support and professional expertise to the plant leadership team and workforce.
- Coach, counsel, and develop all employees on how to lead with safety and promote a safety-first culture.
- Implement EHS training programs for all employees, contractors, and visitors in worksite safety practices with a focus on HPE's, and the facility's environmental permits, licenses, and requirements (e.g., stormwater, wastewater, air, waste, etc.).
- Assist with deployment of Human and Organizational Performance (HOP) philosophy, training, and tool deployment.
- Monitor and maintain EHS policies, procedures, standards and permits to ensure compliance with Bunge global requirements, local, state/provincial, and federal rules, and regulations.
- Perform observations and audits to monitor the effectiveness of our programs and standards to prevent serious injuries, fatalities, environmental incidents, and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Track all injuries, illnesses, near miss events, environmental incidents, environmental noncompliance and investigate incidents, and aid in determining and implementing prevention methods to avoid recurrence.
- Promote environmental sustainability at the plant and partner with the corporate environmental team to collect data and drive improvements.
- Manage fire protection and security systems to protect property from loss, and serve as liaison with insurance company inspectors, coordinate responses to recommendations.
- Ensure environmental emergency response plans are in place; manage the execution of responses plans in the event of an environmental emergency.
- Support the Process Safety Management (PSM) and Risk Management Plan (RMP) programs as applicable to locations with solvents, hydrogen, ammonia, and combustible dust.
- Work closely with corporate safety and environmental teams
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Safety, Environmental/Health Science, or closely related degree, or equivalent work experience required.
- 3+ years of safety and environmental experience required.
- Demonstrated experience with making improvements in SIF potential incidents (Serious Injury, Fatality) and HPE's