Plans, organizes, develops, and implements Environmental Services operations to meet departmental goals and objectives while directing, coordinating, and developing policies, procedures, and processes for the Environmental Services Department. Directs department-based quality monitoring and evaluation activities and implements measures to ensure that hospital, JCAHO, and other quality and regulatory standards are met. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in MLH Mission, Vision and Values. Education/Experience/LicensureEducation/Formal Training Work Experience Credential/LicensureREQUIRED:
BA/BS Business or related field.
Must have at least three (3) years of experience managing or directing personnel through subordinate supervisors.
ASHES and/or NEHA certification, International Executive Housekeeping Association certification.SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED:
Key Job Responsibilities
- Skill and proficiency in applying highly technical principles, concepts, and techniques which are central to housekeeping management commensurate with education/experience.
- Management skills commensurate with experience.
- Knowledge of various types of cleaning agents, disinfectants, techniques, and equipment, as well as their uses.
- Knowledge of personnel policies, procedures, legal requirements, and employee relations.
- Skill and proficiency in verbal and written communications and interpersonal relations.
- Analytical ability and knowledge to make professional judgments.
- Develops and maintains competent, efficient, productive, and quality conscious Associates. Develops and implements processes through orientation, training and education to ensure that the competence of all staff members is assessed, maintained, improved and demonstrated throughout their employment.
- Develops, implements, and administers new or revised programs and/or services established in the business plan with some day-to-day operations/problem solving.
- Assists in establishing and communicating appropriate quality standards for designated services and programs and implements procedures for measuring quality standards.
- Develops, implements, and administers fiscal year business plans for Environmental Services in order to achieve established goals and objectives.
- Manages the financial and capital resources for Environmental Services. Monitors operating revenues and expenses, develops and implements cost control programs, monitors budget variances and reports significant variances to the Director.
- Conducts research to improve housekeeping technology. Investigates and evaluates new housekeeping supplies and equipment. Conducts staff meetings and meets with members of other departments to coordinate housekeeping activities with those of other departments.
- The physical activities of this position may include climbing, pushing, standing, hearing, walking, reaching, grasping, kneeling, stooping, and repetitive motion.
- Must have good balance and coordination.
- The physical requirements of this position are: light work - exerting up to 25 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently.
- The Associate is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity, such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; or extensive reading.
- The conditions to which the Associate will be subject in this position: The Associate is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions; job functions are typically performed under conditions such as those found in general office or administrative work.