Explore research careers and be a part of something bigger!
Labcorp Drug Development helps to develop new drugs, medical devices and diagnostics. Your role is vital to improving the health of family, friends and animals.
What you will be doing:
As a Study Technician you'll apply your scientific curiosity in Biology, Animal Science, Zoology, Animal Behavior, Veterinary Technology, Dairy Science, Equine Science or similar majors researching the effectiveness, safety and toxicity of drugs in early development animal research studies.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining the highest standards of animal care and welfare in accordance with the Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care International (AAALAC).
- Handling and restraining animals
- Administering test items
- Collecting biological samples
- Monitoring food consumption and performing clinical observations
- Participate in surgical procedures, including surgical preparation, anesthesia, monitoring and recovery for multiple species.
- Maintain the surgical suite and instruments
- Collecting and reviewing data in accordance with the Good Laboratory Practice Regulations (GLP) and standard operating procedures
- Organizing study related activities and data
- Working in a fast paced, team environment.
How you will be rewarded!
- Enjoy 24 days of personal-time-off (PTO) (pro-rated depending on start date)
- Have access to other great benefits including: tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match and of course medical and dental insurance.
Access to growth opportunities
With the support of exceptional people from across the globe, you'll be empowered to own your career journey with:
- Formal and informal mentoring opportunities
- Extensive training and job shadowing opportunities
- Personalized development planning
Exposure to many drug development scientific career paths
- Bachelor degree in Life Sciences
- Associate degree in Laboratory Animal Technology, Veterinary Technology, or in Histology
- No experience is required with a Bachelor Degree
- 6 months to 2 years of related experience with an Associate degree