Job Overview:Explore research careers and be a part of something bigger!
Labcorp Drug Development helps to develop new drugs, medical devices and diagnostics. Your role is vital to improving the health of family, friends and animals.What you will be doing:
As a Study Technician you'll apply your scientific curiosity in Biology, Animal Science, Zoology, Animal Behavior, Veterinary Technology, Dairy Science, Equine Science or similar majors researching the effectiveness, safety and toxicity of drugs in early development animal research studies.
How you will be rewarded!
- Maintaining the highest standards of animal care and welfare in accordance with the Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care International (AAALAC).
- Handling and restraining animals
- Administering test items
- Collecting biological samples
- Monitoring food consumption and performing clinical observations
- Collecting and reviewing data in accordance with the Good Laboratory Practice Regulations (GLP) and standard operating procedures
- Organizing study related activities and data
- Working in a fast paced, team environment.
Working in Somerset, NJ our Animal Operations Study Technicians:
Access to growth opportunities
- Work rotating weekends, holidays and overtime with supplementary compensation
- Enjoy 24 days of personal-time-off (PTO) (pro-rated depending on start date)
- Have access to other great benefits including: tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match and of course medical and dental insurance.
With the support of exceptional people from across the globe, you'll be empowered to own your career journey with:
- Formal and informal mentoring opportunities
- Extensive training and job shadowing opportunities
- Personalized development planning
- Exposure to many drug development scientific career paths
- Bachelor degree in Life/Animal Sciences preferred
- Previous animal research or veterinary care experience preferred
- Extensive job related training provided