Cogent Biosciences is a biotechnology company developing real solutions to treat genetically driven diseases. With a focus on rational drug discovery and development, we are leveraging validated biology to advance precision therapies designed to address the true underlying drivers of disease and provide real hope for patients. Cogent's lead therapeutic candidate, CGT9486 (formerly known as PLX9486), is a precision kinase inhibitor designed to selectively and potently inhibit the KIT D816V mutation. This mutation is responsible for driving a rare and serious condition called Systemic Mastocytosis which can severely impact many different tissues and organs in the body. We are also studying CGT9486 to treat advanced gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST), which have a strong dependence on oncogenic KIT signaling.
Cogent Biosciences is growing! This position would be an integral part of our newly formed research team in Boulder, CO. This Senior/Scientist would be responsible for the design and execution of gene-to-structure processes to support structure-based drug discovery in close collaboration with other team members of Enzymology, Biophysics, Medicinal and Computational Chemistry. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of protein biochemistry and crystallography, and would draw upon this knowledge and previous experience to design experiments, analyze data, and communicate data to project teams. They would have a seat at the table where they could intellectually contribute and work with a multi-disciplinary team with the common goal of bringing forward innovative cancer therapies.
What You Will Do:
- Design and execute gene-to-structure experiments to deliver protein-small molecule structures to support projects
- Analyze, document and communicate experimental data
- Contribute to identifying and validating potential therapeutic candidates
- Actively stay up to date on scientific advancements from the literature
- Collaborate with a cross-functional and interactive team
- Evaluate emerging technologies and methods in structural biology to more efficiently serve program needs
What you Bring:
- PhD in Biochemistry/Structural Biology or related discipline OR BS/MS with at least 3 years of relevant experience in biopharmaceutical setting
- Experience in recombinant protein expression, purification and characterization
- Experience in protein crystallization is highly desired. Structure determination will be a plus
- Self-motivated and demonstrated success in working with cross-functional teams
- Ideal candidate can develop novel ideas and technologies and is eager to learn
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Base Salary Range $ 108,583 - $149,855
- Bonus Target %12.5 of Base Salary
Cambridge, MA: Our Boston office is located within walking distance of the Alewife T station in Cambridge, MA. Our space includes an open office layout designed for collaboration. Free access is provided for both on-site parking and gym facilities in the building. We are in close proximity to leading academic institutions like MIT and Harvard and to potential pharmaceutical and biotech partners. This unique location allows for a high level of energy and intellectual exchange within and among fast growing early stage companies.
Boulder, CO: We are in the process of building a second location in the fast-growing biopharmaceutical hub in the greater Denver/Boulder corridor. Our CEO is based full-time in this location, which will serve as the future home of Cogent's discovery research organization. Our Offer To You
To attract the very best talent, we offer a generous benefits package that includes competitive pay, performance-based bonus, stock options, insurance coverage (health, dental, life, and disability), unlimited time-off, a 401(k) plan, and commuter/parking benefits.