Environmental Health and Safety Generalist
Auto req ID: 10301
Title: Environmental Health and Safety Generalist
Job Function: Manufacturing
Company: Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Full or Part-Time: Full Time
At Harley-Davidson, we are building more than machines. It's our passion and commitment to continue the evolution of this storied brand, and heighten the desirability of the Harley-Davidson experience. To keep building our legend and leading our industry through innovation, evolution, and emotion we need the best and brightest talent. We stand for the timeless pursuit of adventure. Freedom for the soul. Are you ready to join us?
Our plant in Tomahawk, WI manufactures, finishes and ships windshields, composite and plastic parts to our final assembly plants. Join us as a Environmental Health and Safety Generalist.
The EHS Specialist develops and manages all environmental programs for compliance to Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations. Analyzes regulatory changes for impacts on operations and makes recommendations to the EHS Manager. Develops strategic plans positioning operations in meeting and exceeding environmental regulations. Utilizes interpersonal and conceptual skills to provide direction with regard to environmental regulations to the organization during project planning. In addition to the primary Environmental duties, the EHS Specialist also provides support to the implementation, management and continuous improvement of all safety and health policies, processes and programs to various internal and external stakeholders. The person will work with the salaried environmental, health and safety staff, Union Safety Representative(s), Joint Labor Management Safety and Health Committees, managers, supervisors and production employees to provide support to the environmental, health and safety policies, programs, processes and environmental, health and safety culture improvement at the facility.
• Develop and oversee preparation of reports, permits, licenses, plans and associated environmental compliance for submittal to Federal, State, and local regulatory agencies.
• Develop employee-training programs for compliance to the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Storm Water, Wastewater, and the Department of Transportation (DOT)
• Ensure adherence to all QS9000 procedures and policies within areas of responsibility
• Influence rule making processes that impact facility operations and provide analysis of rule change impact on facility operations
• Provide feedback to help facilitate the development of timelines for major projects
• Identify environmental considerations for all processes through internal audits and process mapping
• Develop and oversees various Environmental Management Systems
• Coordinate hazardous and non-hazardous waste disposal/recycling program
• Supports the Harley-Davidson Health & Safety Management System through assistance with CIS Integration, Workplace Analysis, Hazard Prevention & Control
Education, Communication & Recognition
• Assists and supports best in class strategies, standards and solutions for occupational injury and illness prevention, compliance assurance, and behavioral performance based on regulations (OSHA), best practice standards (ANSI, NFPA, ACGIH, etc.), data analysis and trend tracking.
• Assists and supports strategic educational and training programs that will improve the working environmental, health and safety knowledge of stakeholders in order to address issues that arise from the analysis of safety process and injury data and /or for compliance to the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Stormwater, Wastewater, and the Department of Transportation (DOT).
• Provide support to the implementation, management and continuous improvement of all environmental, health and safety policies, processes and programs to various internal and external stakeholders.
• Provide support of reports, permits, licenses, plans and associated environmental, health and safety compliance for submittal to Federal, State, and local regulatory agencies.
Bachelor's Degree Required
Degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Health and Safety, Occupational Health & Safety or related.
• Knowledge of Federal, State, and local environmental regulations and previous experience acting as a company representative.
• Demonstrated experience preparing reports, permits, licenses, plans and associated documents for submittal to Federal, State and local regulatory agencies.
• Experience in leading and managing ISO 14001 Environmental Management System.
• Computer experience with a demonstrated competence in PCs, data management systems and associated software Demonstrated project management skills.
• Typically requires a minimum of 3-5 years of related experience
We offer an inclusive compensation package for all full-time salaried employees including, but not limited to, annual bonus programs, health insurance benefits, a 401k program, onsite fitness centers and employee stores, employee discounts on products and accessories, and more. We welcome everybody to join our family and be united no matter who you are or where you come from. Learn more about Harley-Davidson here .
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Direct Reports: No
Travel Required: 0 - 10%
Visa Sponsorship: This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
Relocation: This position is not eligible for relocation assistance
Nearest Major Market: Wausau
Job Segment: Environmental Engineering, Engineer, Developer, Law, Web Design, Engineering, Technology, Legal, Creative