is seeking a Senior Consultant, Climate Change
to help support and grow our Hydrogen production, distribution, and end-use consulting practice within our growing Corporate Sustainability & Climate Change team. This position will be preferably based in Texas or California.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced professional looking to play a key role working with an expert consulting team on leading-edge technology, sustainability and climate advisory projects for Fortune 500 and privately held clients.
"The business of sustainability" reflects what we do to support our clients as they strive to attain their business goals. Sustainability and business are now inextricably linked and as an expert in sustainability and climate change, we play a role in helping companies achieve their objectives with an understanding of how this affects wider society and the environment. We intend to contribute even more to the global dialogue and expect our work on sustainability and climate change challenges and opportunities to deliver growth in our business. Sustainability is our business.
ERM has enduring values, which are fundamental to our business conduct. We are passionate about our people, their safety, well-being and development. ERM employees take accountability, are client focused, and collaborate with colleagues across geographies. If you share our values and are motivated by opportunities to shape climate strategy and disclosure to make a real impact, we urge you to apply for this position. You will have the opportunity to work with and support a first-class delivery team, with exposure to a client base that spans North America.
You will use your technical and leadership skills and knowledge of hydrogen technology, production, distribution, and end-use markets to help the world's leading companies and utilities advance the Hydrogen economy. You will support these clients in identification and delivery of projects ranging from feasibility, to pilot, to major capex projects. You will use your technical, business, and regulatory knowledge to support the growth of ERM's Hydrogen consulting team. Knowledge and experience of renewable energy markets and how Hydrogen dovetails with them will be a benefit and help you leverage ERM's strong solar and wind teams to bring maximum benefit to our clients and to drive the Hydrogen economy forward.
Ideally you will have some prior consulting experience and business development acumen. You should have a proven track record in having strategic discussions with companies that leads to helping these firms realize their ambitious low carbon goals through the implementation of low carbon economy transition infrastructure.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support management and delivery of hydrogen, climate change and sustainability projects in North America.
- Act as Project Manager and advisor projects and proposals under direction from Partners.
- Provide subject matter expertise to projects as part of multidisciplinary teams.
- Conduct F2F meetings with prospective clients and build up your network.
- Work with the North America (NA) Low Carbon Economy Transition Leadership team to contribute to robust, proactive Go-to-Market programs to drive commercial growth for Hydrogen opportunities and projects.
- Work closely with client account directors / account managers as well as NA regional client market leaders to implement client and market segment specific consulting programs for the region. Our major market sectors are Power, Oil and Gas, Technology media and telecommunications, Mining and Metals, Financial Services, Chemical, and Manufacturing / Pharmaceutical.
- Proactively engage necessary stakeholders/resources in order to ensure delivery of exceptional client value, including that the right expertise and competency is applied based on the scope of service being delivered.
- Contribute to the achievement of ERM's strategy, along with the company's commercial targets and ambitions for profitable growth.
- Support development of technical and consulting capabilities of our teams in the context of project engagement and by participating in other knowledge sharing activities
- Provide leadership in communicating and enabling ERM's health and safety culture.
Who We Are:
- Qualification in Engineering, Safety, Environmental Science, or equivalent fields. Masters' degree preferable.
- 10-15 years of experience in energy industry, environmental consulting, industry or environment focused non-governmental organization is required.
- Demonstrable project management experience will be an advantage.
- Excellent report writing skills. Fluency in both written and spoken English is essential.
- Strong communication and presentation skills and ability to work in a team is essential
- Strong skills with MS Office applications.
- A good grasp of any of the following would be an advantage: renewable energy, decarbonization strategies / Net Zero planning, and Low Carbon Economy Transition.
- Experience of line management and/or contributing to the professional development of other teammates is a plus.
- Structured and effective communicator that can shape and deliver messages to executive level and facilitate effective client engagements.
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world's leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our "boots to boardroom" approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!