A large chemical company is searching for an experienced environmental engineer for their plant in Texas.
- Will provide direction and execution of assigned environmental programs including air, waste, and water regulations.
- Manage the Title V program; ensure compliance and become a subject matter expert with federal and state acts and regulations.
- Drive ENVIRONMENTAL performance at the site by working with other engineering support groups, operators, and key management.
- Working with the operating groups, develop and manage a comprehensive regulatory program and compliance tools that are integrated with operations and ensure 100% compliance.
- Work with Company ENVIRONMENTAL peers and legal groups to evaluate the impact of current and proposed regulations. Develop solutions to manage final rules at the operating unit level.
- Interface effectively with appropriate regulatory agencies and legal counsel on routine and non-routine matters.
- Initiate, prepare and submit necessary permit applications or amendments.
- Communicate impacts of upcoming regulatory changes and initiatives to site management and affected operating areas.
- Conduct compliance audits and develop action plans to close gaps.
- Conduct regulatory analysis on modifications and process changes in a chemical manufacturing plant.
- BS Degree (Chem E preferred) in engineering or science.
- 5 + years of chemical experience in an industrial setting.
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits package.