Job DescriptionBiologist Chesterfield, MOPay Rate: $28-32/hour Biologist will work in a collaborative environment supporting workflows requiring single cell and single nuclei isolation Biologist Responsibilities:
- Provide support for and execute primary cell isolation from various animal-based tissues.
- Assure high quality of dissociated cells, assess viability, perform accurate cell counting and be able to accurately dilute cells for downstream assays
- Troubleshoot and optimize results to improve cell isolation procedures and workflows
- Culturing fungi, bacteria and pathogens in vitro
- Work across lab environments with soil and/or plant material.
- Inventorying samples, processing samples using molecular methods and techniques
- Use microscopy and molecular methods for diagnostics
- Operating and troubleshooting lab equipment
- Assist in cloning, genomic sequencing and sequence analysis
- MS (Ph.D. preferred) with demonstrated ability in cell biology & microscopy and experience in working in the research lab are required.
- Clear and timely communication, the ability to connect and collaborate with our team and amongst different teams as well as virtually connect across locations is required.,
- Comfort and willingness to learn new IT tools and systems
- Experience growing and caring for plants
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships and networks across teams
- Experience with manual and automatic cell counting, cell-sorting, primary cell work, language experience in image analysis and general familiarity with molecular biology techniques will be beneficial.
- Experience with microscopy and cell staining