3 days left
- Salary Type
Job DescriptionBiologist Chesterfield, MOPay Rate: $25-28/hour Biologist will work in a collaborative environment supporting workflows requiring single cell and single nuclei isolation Biologist Responsibilities:
- Optimization of nuclei isolation protocols from various crops and tissues for next generation sequencing applications
- Perform nuclei counting and accurate dilutions
- Provide support for and execute single cell or single nuclei RNA sequencing experiment
- Troubleshoot and optimize results to improve cell isolation procedures and workflows
- Culturing fungi, bacteria and pathogens in vitro
- Work across lab environments with soil and/or plant material.
- Inventorying samples, processing samples using molecular methods and techniques
- Use microscopy and molecular methods for diagnostics
- Operating and troubleshooting lab equipment
- Assist in cloning, genomic sequencing and sequence analysis
- MS with demonstrated ability in cell biology & microscopy and experience in working in the research lab are required.
- Clear and timely communication, the ability to connect and collaborate with our team and amongst different teams as well as virtually connect across locations is required.,
- Comfort and willingness to learn new IT tools and systems
- Experience growing and caring for plants
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships and networks across teams
- Experience with manual and automatic cell counting, cell-sorting, primary cell work, language experience in image analysis and general familiarity with molecular biology techniques will be beneficial.
- Experience with microscopy and cell staining