What You Will Do
The Environmental Protection and Compliance, Compliance Programs (EPC-CP) is seeking outstanding candidates for the position of Deployed Environmental Professional (DEP) Team Leader. EPC-CP is responsible for environmental site compliance activities across Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL or the Laboratory), through close collaboration with Laboratory programs and facilities, the Department of Energy (DOE), and state and federal regulators. . You will become the trusted environmental resource assisting the deployed environmental professionals to navigate and assure the numerous environmental requirements applicable to the laboratory.
This position reports to the EPC-CP Group Leader.
As the DEP Team Leader, you have an opportunity to provide technical leadership, oversight, and management of the DEP Team of professionals. As Team Leader, you will participate in the development and achievement of goals for programmatic, business, and operational excellence. A successful candidate will have experience with strategic planning and tactical execution, ensuring operational excellence, business excellence, and delivering excellent customer service including maintaining effective relationships. You will oversee the organization's compliance strategy while developing and implementing and affecting cost-effective and compliant operations, activities, and programs. An effective Team Leader will engage with team members to develop and maintain the capabilities necessary to support programmatic mission success through resource allocation, succession planning, mentoring, recruiting, and retaining qualified staff.
What You Need
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with federal and New Mexico environmental regulations, policies, and procedures, including those related to : water quality, air quality, biological resources, pollution prevention, cultural resources and National Environmental Policy Act, etc.
- Demonstrated effective technical leadership that emphasizes organizational skills, strategic and tactical planning, team building, program development, project management, budget preparation, financial management and business plan development.
- Demonstrated experience with collaboration across a large-variety of organizational boundaries and the ability to manage customer and stakeholder relationships in a positive manner.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (both written and verbal), and relationship building skills.
Education/Experience: Position requires a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution and 5 years related experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience directly related to the occupation.
The candidate selected for this position will be most competitive when they possess the following knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge of the Laboratory's environmental protection policies, practices, and procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with implementing federal and state codes, standards, and regulations in several environmental areas, such as Environmental Protection Agency: National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System; Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasures; and EPA Title V Air permitting.
- Experience as a supervisor, project manager, mid-level manager, or similar of a small (10-20 employees) technical and programmatic organization specializing in supporting projects and operations with similar size and complexity as those at the laboratory.
- Environmental certifications such as: Professional Engineer License, Certified Inspector of Sediment and Erosion Control, Certified Professional in Erosion and Sediment Control, Certified Hazardous Materials Manager, Registered Environmental Manager, EPA Method 9 Opacity Certification
Note to Applicants:
- This position is predominantly office work, with occasional field support work that can include work at elevation (rooftops), in industrial settings, and working near sources of radiological contamination or ionizing radiation.
- This position may require the ability to work swing-shift and weekends.
- Minimal travel for attending periodic training and related conferences.
- For full consideration, applicants must submit a resume and comprehensive cover letter addressing qualifications and experience related to each of the job requirements (both Minimum Job Requirements and Desired Skills) of the position.
Essential Job Functions (can perform with or without reasonable accommodation): Sitting, standing, climbing stairs, reaching overhead and down, bending, stooping, and lifting 50 pounds/carrying 35 pounds.
Work Environment: Safety glasses or eye protection, gloves or hand protection, safety shoes or protective footgear, hearing protection, operation of motor vehicle.
Location: This position will be physically located in Los Alamos, NM.
Position commitment: Regular appointment employees are required to serve a period of continuous service in their current position in order to be eligible to apply for posted jobs throughout the Laboratory. If an employee has not served the time required, they may only apply for Laboratory jobs with the documented approval of their Division Leader. The position commitment for this position is 1 year .
Where You Will Work
Located in beautiful northern New Mexico, Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) is a multidisciplinary research institution engaged in strategic science on behalf of national security. Our generous benefits package includes:
§ PPO or High Deductible medical insurance with the same large nationwide network
§ Dental and vision insurance
§ Free basic life and disability insurance
§ Paid maternity and parental leave
§ Award-winning 401(k) (6% matching plus 3.5% annually)
§ Learning opportunities and tuition assistance
§ Flexible schedules and time off (paid sick, vacation, and holidays)
§ Onsite gyms and wellness programs
§ Extensive relocation packages (outside a 50 mile radius)
Directive 206.2 -_ _Employment with Triad requires a favorable decision by NNSA indicating employee is suitable under NNSA Supplemental Directive 206.2 ._ _Please note that this requirement applies only to citizens of the United States. Foreign nationals are subject to a similar requirement under DOE Order 142.3A.
Clearance:Q (Position will be cleared to this level). Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements
- for access to classified matter.
- Eligibility requirements: To obtain a clearance, an individual must be at least 18 years of age; U.S. citizenship is required except in very limited circumstances. See DOE Order 472.2 for additional information.
New-Employment Drug Test: The Laboratory requires successful applicants to complete a new-employment drug test and maintains a substance abuse policy that includes random drug testing.
Regular position: Term status Laboratory employees applying for regular-status positions are converted to regular status.
Internal Applicants: Regular appointment employees who have served the required period of continuous service in their current position are eligible to apply for posted jobs throughout the Laboratory. If an employee has not served the required period of continuous service, they may only apply for Laboratory jobs with the documented approval of their Division Leader. Please refer to PolicyPolicy P701for applicant eligibility requirements.
Incentive Compensation Program: Position is eligible to participate in the Triad Incentive Compensation Program.
Equal Opportunity: Los Alamos National Laboratory is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse and inclusive workforce. All employment practices are based on qualification and merit, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, marital status or spousal affiliation, physical or mental disability, medical conditions, pregnancy, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or citizenship within the limits imposed by federal laws and regulations. The Laboratory is also committed to making our workplace accessible to individuals with disabilities and will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, for individuals to participate in the application and hiring process. To request such an accommodation, please send an email to email@example.com or call 1-505-665-4444 option 1. Appointment Type
Contact Name Gonzales, Christine J
Work Telephone 505-667-8695
Vacancy Name: IRC86399
Organization Name EPC-CP/ Enviromental Compliance Programs
Minimum Salary 113100
Maximum Salary 190900
Req ID: IRC86399
Category: Env Safety Health