We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team-especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Large Employers in 2021. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist (2101834) - Converse, SC
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to serve as an Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist at the Converse, SC chemical manufacturing facility. In this role, you will be the sole support for the Converse site's environmental, occupational safety, and industrial hygiene EHS programs. The BASF Converse site is located in Spartanburg, SC and is near the lakes and mountains region of Upstate South Carolina and close to Greenville.
Your key priorities will include managing the EHS programs at the Converse, SC site. This involves developing and updating the EHS programs, to include managing the site's industrial hygiene, respiratory protection, personal protective equipment, contractor safety, safe work permitting, and control of hazardous energy programs. In addition, you will have a key role in the implementation and management of the site's behavior-based safety process. Lastly, you will develop and provide training and communication relating to these and additional EHS programs across the Converse site.
Although not required, being a Certified Industrial Hygienist or Certified Safety Professional is advantageous in this role.
Formula for Success
- Leveraging your education in Occupational Safety & Health, Industrial Hygiene or Science and any experience you may have in implementing safety and industrial hygiene programs in a manufacturing plant, you will maintain and monitor EHS compliance programs while optimizing the effectiveness and efficiency of the programs.
- As a subject matter expert, you will provide governance and oversight of EHS programs related to Occupational Safety & Industrial Hygiene.
- Your extensive experience using environmental monitoring and analytical methods to detect the extent of worker exposure and employ engineering, work practice controls, and other methods to control potential health hazards will be essential as you lead and/or participate in investigation and root cause analysis for accident/ incidents as needed.
- Your experience with hazard recognition, job hazard analysis and Process Hazards Analysis will be a valued asset as you participate in capital project and process hazards analysis reviews consistent with the level of EHS expertise needed.
- Your seasoned computer skills (ex. Spreadsheets, word processing, database management; use of MedGate and Dakota databases a plus) will aid you in preparing training materials and delivering training for various occupational safety & industrial hygiene topics. You will also use these skills to maintain written Occupational Exposure Assessment and Personal Protective Equipment procedures.
- Demonstrating your extensive experience using industrial hygiene practices to anticipate, recognize, evaluate, and control workplace conditions that may cause workers' injury or illness, you will provide input to the EHS Team Leader and interface with regulatory agencies, as needed, on compliance and/or enforcement issues.
- Collaborating for achievement with your effective communication skills, you will actively participate with the EHS Community across the CC Division.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you-the whole you-in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Job: OCSE - Occupational Safety & Environmental
Organization: CCT/R-Responsible Care-63012753
Title: Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist - Converse, SC
Requisition ID: 2101834