ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.1 billion in 2019. The company's seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW's approximately 45,000 dedicated colleagues around the world thrive in the company's decentralized and entrepreneurial culture. www.itw.com .
Responsible for regulatory compliance at our Danvers, MA and Clearwater, FL facilities. Works in conjunction with the EHS Manager- NA and Danvers facility Safety Specialist to contribute to a safe work environment.
· Keeps up to date on compliance issues concerning local, state, national and international regulations and works with EHS Manager -NA and leadership team to implement appropriate policies and procedures. Conducts audits to ensure that organization and government standards on environmental health and safety are met. Communicates with leadership team and keeps them abreast of any pending regulatory regulations that can impact the business.
· Collects samples (air and storm water) as required to comply with various regulations and facility permits. Evaluates operations and makes recommendations to reduce waste and pollution.
· Collects and analyzes data and submits reports to maintain compliance with insurance company, local fire regulations/permit, OSHA, DEP, Title-V air permit, RCRA (LQG), SARA 312/311 Tier II, South Coast AQMD (Product Reports), Storm Water Discharge, SWPPP, SARA 313 (TRI), TURP, MACT, GHG, EU REACH and EPA regulations.
· Collaborates with EHS Manager - NA and Danvers Safety Specialist in the creation of product SDS.
· Active member of:
o emergency response team and responds to in-house emergencies.
o divisional and platform EHS teams.
o Danvers process safety management (OSHA PSM) team.
· Provides back-up to Safety Specialist when needed.
· Coordinates waste pick-ups, conducts weekly inspections and maintains manifests/records.
· Provides guidance and counsel to employees at all levels concerning regulatory compliance, proper work procedures and the handling of chemicals.
· Trains new and current personnel on environmental topics (RCRA, storm water, etc) and confirms employees' understanding through tests and audits.
· Evaluates products and their associated chemicals so that they can be manufactured, transported, used and disposed of safely.
· Works with Sales, Marketing, Technical Service and Customer Service to provide customers information on the safe handling and disposal of chemical products.
· Responds to customer inquiries on regulations related to our products such as EU REACH, VOC, RoHS, Calif Prop 65, Canada DSL, etc).
· Works with EHS Manager - NA in developing and adhering to the EH&S budget.
· Promotes, supports and adheres to all safety, environmental and quality related policies and procedures.
· B.S. degree in Environmental Science, Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Chemistry, Biology, Engineering or related field.
· Minimum 5 years of experience in a facility environmental or EHS role.
· Familiarity with regulatory requirements (EPA, OSHA) and regulatory reporting. Title V air permit experience a plus.
· Thorough knowledge of hazardous materials management attained through specialized training.
· Analytical and critical thinking capability.
· Strong computer skills particularly in MS Excel to compile and maintain data.
· Ability to work in a team environment.
· Strong presentation and communication skills.
· As necessary. Minimum of three to four trips to Clearwater, FL facility per year.
· Master's degree in EHS
· Environmental or EHS experience at a chemical processing facility (paints, adhesives, etc)
· 24-hr HAZWOPER Training
· 8-hr RCRA
· TURP Certification (or ability to obtain)
· Experience with Environmental Management Systems, such as ISO14001
· Process safety management (PSM) experience
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.