Catalent hires people with a passion to make a difference to the health of millions of people globally. Your expertise, coupled with Catalent's advanced technologies and collaboration with thousands of innovative pharmaceutical, biotech and healthcare companies, will help bring life-enhancing products to the people you know and love. Your talents, ideas and passion are essential to our mission; to develop, manufacture and supply products that help people live better, healthier lives. Interested in learning more about life at Catalent? Start here (http://www.catalent.com/index.php/about-us/Catalent-Careers2)
Sr. Manager - EH&S
This role will be located at our site in Chelsea, MA.
This 90,000 square-foot Boston-area facility is Catalent's global Center of Excellence for spray dry dispersion and Dry Powder Inhaler (DPI) capsule manufacture and packaging. The site features inhaled powder spray drying, as well as multiple commercial-scale lines for capsule filling and blister packaging. On-site spray dryers include best-in-class GEA Niro SD1, SD4 and SD7, the latter being the largest CGMP unit of its kind for DPI in North America.
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State EHS regulations while following Catalent's guidelines to ensure the safety of all onsite personnel and to minimize impact to the environment
- Conduct risk assessments including JSA, Occupational Health Exposure Assessments, and project reviews to ensure identified risks are properly mitigated.
- Oversee the site Emergency Response team including Spill Response and First Aid responders. Responsible for upkeep of program and coordination of regular drills.
- Supervise EHS Department employees and contractors.
- Complete the OSHA 300 log and maintain supporting records. Evaluate cases to decrease the accident rate using safety assessments, industrial hygiene sampling, and following OSHA regulations and Catalent Guidelines.
- Serve as a safety champion for the site and encourage site participation on the site safety teams and the EHS observation program.
- Manage the EHS Accident Investigation program including conducting root cause analysis and identifying corrective actions.
- Manage the Hazard Communication program including the SDS database and codification using the HMIS system and associated training.
- Serve as the main liaison between the site and EHS regulatory agencies including Fire Marshal
- Develop and deliver EHS training to site personnel based on regulatory and Catalent requirements.
- Review change controls for EHS impact as well as provide reviews for capital projects and new products/materials onsite.
- Tracking and verification of corrective actions
- Audits of Environmental, Health, and Safety programs
- Oversee the Industrial Hygiene program including conducting assessments, making recommendations on engineering controls and PPE, conducting audits, and providing employee training as needed.
- Manage various environmental programs onsite including waste management, wastewater management, and air compliance.
- Develop Internal Audit Checklists to comply with OSHA standards and Catalent guidelines
- Manage the Ergonomics Program, educate the employees, and coordinate workstation assessments
- Evaluate environmental problems to develop methods and equipment to maintain regulatory compliance
- Bachelor's Degree in Related Science
- Minimum of 5+ years of related experience in an industrial setting, preferably Pharmaceuticals
- ASP, CSP, CIH or equivalent certification preferred
- Complete projects with minimum or no supervision and have good interpersonal skills and leadership characteristics
- Must be computer literate
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs
- Requires the ability to walk, sit, and stand and lift up to 40 pounds
- Specific vision requirements including reading of written documents, visual troubleshooting of equipment and use of computer monitor screen frequently
- May be required to fulfil requirements for operation of a motorized vehicle (vision, hearing, physical limitations) or use of a respirator
Catalent's standard leadership competencies that are used to interview and for Performance & Development:
- Leads with Integrity and Respect
- Delivers Results
- Demonstrates Business Acumen
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
- Champions Change
- Engages and Inspires
- Coaches and Develops
- Competitive medical benefits and 401K
- 19 days of PTO + 8 paid holidays
- State of the art facility and equipment
- Opportunity to implement a safety program and influence safety culture
Catalent offers rewarding opportunities to further your career! Join the global drug development and delivery leader and help us bring over 7,000 life-saving and life-enhancing products to patients around the world. Catalent is an exciting and growing international company where employees work directly with pharma, biopharma and consumer health companies of all sizes to advance new medicines from early development to clinical trials and to the market. Catalent produces more than 70 billion doses per year, and each one will be used by someone who is counting on us. Join us in making a difference.
Catalent is committed to the health and safety of its employees, visitors and the customers and patients we serve. As a result of the global pandemic, we have modified many of our recruitment and on-boarding processes to maintain everyone's safety. The Human Resources teams will communicate all necessary safety processes and procedures throughout each stage.
personal initiative. dynamic pace. meaningful work.Visit www.catalent.com/careers to explore career opportunities.
C atalent is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email, and confirming your request for an accommodation and include the job number, title and location to DisabilityAccommodations@catalent.com . This option is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability. Information received will be processed by a U.S. Catalent employee and then routed to a local recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the application or hiring process.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives: Catalent Pharma Solutions (Catalent) is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any Catalent employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Catalent. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.
Important Security Notice to U.S. Job Seekers:
Catalent NEVER asks candidates to provide any type of payment, bank details, photocopies of identification, social security number or other highly sensitive personal information during the offer process, and we NEVER do so via email or social media. If you receive any such request, DO NOT respond- it is a fraudulent request. Please forward such requests to firstname.lastname@example.org for us to investigate with local authorities.
Catalent = Catalyst + Talent
Your talents, ideas, and passion are essential to our mission: to develop, manufacture, and supply products that help people live better, healthier lives. Join us!
personal initiative. dynamic pace. meaningful work.
Catalent is the perfect place to grow your career if...
- You enjoy the fast pace of a start-up, but want the opportunities and stability of a growing, publicly traded company (Listed on NYSE: CTLT).
- You want meaningful work. From cough treatments to cancer-fighting drugs, biologics, and vitamins, we help develop, launch, and supply over 200 new products each year - more than any branded drug maker in the world!
- You want to plant your career in a growing company. Over the last five years, Catalent has re-invested more than $2 billion back into the company and its people.
- You are excited about learning, collaborating, and growing alongside a global diverse team. Our team of more than 11,000 comes to work every day ready to overcome new challenges with teamwork, advanced technologies, and a passion to deliver by putting patients first.
- You want to make a global impact! From North America to Europe, Asia to Latin America, we have innovative science and manufacturing teams who are looking (https://catalent.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/External) for YOU!
- See how our teams are making a difference, while growing their careers and fulfilling our mission by putting patients first every day here (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuUGqEwwnH7hBwFlrsfSOH_raQHu4hOBK) .