We are currently searching for a Biologist to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and it is on-site in Gaithersburg, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Development and implementation of immunoassays
- Performing immunoassays for clinical trial analyses
- Maintain detailed records of experiments and their results and prepare the information resulting from these experiments for presentations at laboratory-wide, NIH-wide, and national and international meetings and for publication.
- Performing quality control of the laboratory
- Generating laboratory records to support laboratory research, and independently performing necessary calculations.
- Writing report(s) of findings, stating methods and procedures, including any modifications employed, specimens and materials involved, and results of experiments.
- Interpreting, evaluating, and discussing the results of each experiment with the supervisor as part of the planning process for subsequent studies, and present these findings in individual weekly meetings with supervisor as well has lab group meetings.
- Providing training to students and other laboratory personnel in the use of sophisticated laboratory equipment and in the performance of specialized procedures, techniques, etc.
- Responsible for laboratory upkeep and routine maintenance of equipment. Maintaining laboratory supplies and equipment including chemicals, biological materials, etc. required to handle biological materials, carcinogens, recombinant protein materials, acids, biological wastes, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Bioengineering or related scientific field plus one year of relevant experience.
- Scientific Protocol experience, ability to run experiments and record/report associated results.
- Ability to keep clear and organized experimental records, can state findings clearly.
- Must have experience working as a member of a diverse scientific team and be open to training incoming students and new personnel in the use of lab equipment and lab procedures.
- Must possess basic computer literacy, organizational, project management, interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Must be detail-oriented, demonstrate an ability to juggle multiple tasks and projects, and possess a commitment to a client-centered approach to service delivery and administrative support.
- Familiarity with lab management, ability to assist with bench work and implementing team organization.
- Immunoassay experience a plus.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you'll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals - we've got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.