At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We're looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
It is an exciting time to join Lilly. The Lilly Biotechnology Discovery Research center at San Diego is growing in key areas including computational biology. Our research focuses on discovering innovative biotherapeutic medicines for unmet patient's needs, by applying cutting-edge antibody discovery and protein engineering technologies.
The computational biology group covers broadly computational and structural biology, physics-based computation, bioinformatics, and data science. We apply comprehensive computational technologies to accelerate biotechnology research and development. We aim to build an integrated artificial intelligence system to push the boundary of innovation to create better medicines. We work closely with colleagues from discovery and protein engineering, formulation and developability, as well as various therapeutic areas. Our team is looking for a motivated scientist with structural and computational biology expertise to join us and to make a difference for patients and the communities we serve!
Do you have a passion to use a deep understanding of physics, chemistry, and predictive modeling to accelerate innovation? As an outstanding structural/computational biologist and collaborator this scientist will make an impact on our portfolio, with the unique opportunity to help drive discovery projects from inception to early development. Specifically, you will
* Develop and establish structure-based computational methods and technical framework to advance discovery and development of wide array of therapeutic modalities including antibody, conjugates, peptide, and fusion proteins
* Identify and execute independent structural and computational strategies to accelerate project delivery, as well as to facilitate core platforms
* Provide structural biology insights to drive protein design for drug-like properties, or for preferred functionalities
* Effectively collaborate with cross-functional project teams; identify key needs and apply computational approaches accordingly
* Maintain strong engagement with external professionals and outside vendors
* Mentor and develop junior scientists
* Ph.D. in structural biology, structural bioinformatics, or related field; postdoc experience preferred
* 3 or more years of relevant experience beyond education/postdoctoral training in a pharmaceutical, biotech, or research organization
* Deep domain expertise on protein structure prediction, computational analysis on protein properties, protein-protein interaction, and/or protein-ligand docking and screening
* Proficient with state-of-the-art computational tools, such as MOE/CCG, Schrodinger, Discovery Studio/Biovia
* Effective written and oral communication skills
* Experience with molecular dynamics simulation, coarse-grained simulation
* Protein chemistry or protein engineering experience is a plus
* Creative problem solver and be able to influence team in positive direction
* Strong teammate and willingness to work effectively in a collaborative, fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively "Lilly") are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.