Health, Safety and Environmental Affairs Manager - US
3 days left
- Salary Type
Molding Solutions is seeking a Health, Safety & Environmental Affairs (HSE) SBU Leader to provide leadership and direction in health and safety, environmental protection, effective risk management, loss control, regulatory compliance and sustainability to its Molding Solutions operations in the United States. The ideal candidate will be a self-directed, leader and change agent who can influence across multiple disciplines, excels in creative thinking and innovation, and is action oriented to drive best in class HSE policies and programs throughout the strategic business unit. The right candidate will engage and partner with MS leadership to ensure our HSE performance consistently meets customer, regulatory and corporate standards and expectations with a focus on obtaining optimal results through progressive health and safety efforts. If you are a career-minded, results-oriented leader who thrives in a fast-paced environment, you are encouraged to submit your name for consideration. Molding Solutions largest locations in the US are near Atlanta, GA and Peabody, MA. The ideal candidate will be located close to one of these locations.
- Partner with Molding Solutions' leadership teams in the Americas to implement and sustain the HSE management system across all locations consistent with BGI corporate policy and standards, and create a sustainable culture focused on protecting employees and the environment.
- Address HSE challenges facing the businesses and provide risk-based, technical advice and counsel on HSE matters to ensure effective risk control and compliance with applicable local, state, federal and international laws, regulations & standards.
- Champion proactive HSE initiatives that engage employees, drive safe behavior, prevent injuries and mitigate risk. Provide guidance on proactive risk mitigation and corrective actions. Adapt human and organizational performance (HOP) concepts and principles into practical tools that leverage those concepts to improve the effectiveness of HSE programs.
- Responsible for all machine guarding and critical risk mitigation program initiatives at locations in the Americas.
- Conduct HSE assessments such as job safety analyses (JSA), machine guarding assessments, PPE assessments, ergonomic evaluations, confined space evaluations, annual program reviews, etc.
- Conduct required training as mandated by safety and environmental regulations and company policy (ex: HazCom, PPE, Lockout, Hoists/Cranes, Ergonomics, Electrical Safety, Waste Management, etc.).
- Administer and maintain compliance with all environmental reporting, including preparing applications for Environmental permits, as required.
- Support the Barnes Group Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiative by identifying energy, water and waste reduction opportunities, and charting a path to reduce our environmental footprint and achieve 2025 environmental targets.
- Participate in front-end process engineering events focusing on risk assessment, evaluation of new processes, and review of facility layouts for potential HSE issues leveraging our Management of Change (MOC) process.
- Collect data and prepare environmental, health and safety reports, such as air emissions, hazard waste, storm water and accident/incident reports.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative industrial hygiene assessments and provide site-level HSE training.
- Coordinate the U.S. Return to Work program with HR & Production leaders to facilitate early and safe return to work of employees.
- 6-8 years of HSE experience with 3+ years of practical HSE experience in a manufacturing environment with multi-site responsibilities.
- Education and experience in HSE management systems, risk assessment and process development. Requires understanding of HS&E regulations and standards.
- Possesses skill set to negotiate persuasively and influence results through others.
- Ability to coach and mentor line organization to drive Safety and Health zero incident mentality.
- Team player with a strong commitment to the HSE profession.
- High degree of accuracy and attention and attention to detail. Excellent project management skills.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to relate across all levels of the organization. Develops effective working relationships which foster integrity, trust and respect.
- Willingness to travel 10-20%, primarily in North America.
- Bachelor's Degree in occupational safety, environmental engineering or other HSE-related field.