*Kelly is actively recruiting for a EHS Manager as a Direct Hire in the Boise, ID. **Must have manufacturing background (aerospace, plastics, automotive or packaging industries preferred, start up or expansion experience preferred), 3-5 years of experience.*
Relocation assistance available or sign on bonus (local preferred)
Target annual bonus
Training in Wilmington, OH - 2 weeks in OH, 1 week at home. Repeated for 2-3 months (all paid)
*Job Description:* Environmental Health & Safety Manager
We're recruiting for an Environmental Health & Safety Manager for our new extruded plastics building products manufacturing plant in Boise, ID.
The Environmental Health & Safety Manager, under the direction of the EHS Director, will be responsible for leading all health, safety and security programs and related training initiatives for the Boise ID plant. The EHS Manager will possess skills, knowledge and experience related to developing and implementing safety training and risk management programs within a large, 24/7 manufacturing environment. The EHS Manager will have a blended skill set and experiences consisting of developing Training Curriculum and Facilitating Training, in addition to an understanding of 29 CFR 1910 and state specific Administrative Code and implementing Facilities Security.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Proactively implements all safety, risk management & security programs and initiatives through partnerships with all department managers
• Ensures all facilities are compliant with OSHA standards and regulatory requirements
• Continually monitors work environment and intervenes when unsafe practices or behaviors are observed
• Conducts investigations involving near misses, incidents and accidents and ensures appropriate corrective action is taken
• Analyzes positions to identify any risks associated with the job's tasks and properly documents findings
• Leads the plant safety committees and in doing so, coordinates meetings, agenda and action items/ideas follow-through
• Implements facility safety audits; responsible for all safety reporting/recordkeeping
• Develops and facilitates safety training
• Interacts and establishes safe work practices with contractors
• Serves as point person for any/all correspondence and interaction with OSHA, EPA, and City
• Works closely with government agencies and outside counsel, in managing workers' compensation claims
• Ensure TIER II reporting and TRI reports are completed for each facility
• Maintains and manages environmental compliance, permits, and inspections, which includes, but is not limited to NPDES, storm water, air quality, hazardous waste, residual waste, TSCA, FIFRA, etc.
• Coordinates with outside training and compliance vendors
• Performs additional duties as needed and/or assigned by supervision/management
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Safety & Hygiene Management, Environmental Management, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Three to five years' experience in a similar position
• CSP or other related certifications are recommended, but not required
• Proven success in lead safety position within a manufacturing environment (General Industry)
• Demonstrated knowledge of training principles and techniques
• In-depth understanding of OSHA standards / other regulatory requirements
• Strong computer skills to include: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Precise and articulate written and oral communication; ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrate individual and group presentation skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate upwardly to top management and downward to a wide range of audiences
• Must be self-directed and motivated and able to multi-task in fast-paced, 24/7 manufacturing environment
• Work schedule flexibility, often without advance notice, to accommodate needs of the business
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must have the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment and is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, demonstrate repetitive motion and/or manual dexterity, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk or hear. The employee must individually lift and/or move up to 50 lbs., occasionally, and 100 lbs. with assistance, infrequently. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
If you feel you have the knowledge and expertise, apply today to connect with a Kelly professional who will work to enrich your life.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests-it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of [benefits](https://www.mykelly.us/us-mykelly/perks/)?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. [Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.](https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)