AECOM is actively seeking a highly motivated Geologist for employment in the Omaha, NE office. This position would support the Environmental business line, primarily working on Federal projects. The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Utilizes basic scientific principles, theories, practices, and existing technologies to develop solutions for technical problems with limited scope.
- Prepare technical work plans and reports.
- Interprets and records data, conducts analyses, compares findings to relevant studies and local, state, and federal regulations to ensure compliance.
- Plan, execute, analyze and report on environmental measures in natural systems.
- Apply standard field practices and techniques using basic field equipment to collect samples of soil, soil vapor, groundwater, surface water, sediment; prepare samples for shipping, and complete chain-of-custody or similar paperwork.
- Apply knowledge of natural sciences (chemistry, physics, biology, hydrology, and mathematics) to explain observations.
- Study contaminants and determine how to restore the environment.
- Prepare basic data and scientific documents.
- Performs unsupervised field tasks.
- Direct staff in the execution of tasks.
- Review analytical data for general indicators of quality for routine analyses based on well-defined guidelines.
- Coordination with task and project managers, working with on-site subcontractors and field staff, supporting sampling, data collection, and field documentation.
- Provide technical expertise support.
With world-class technical expertise, leading-edge technology, and innovative project delivery capability around the world, AECOM's global environmental practice helps industry and government meet their business goals - to achieve compliance, reduce or eliminate risks and manage impacts. We provide advisory and technical services to help clients clean up and close contaminated sites and surplus operational facilities and restore them for reuse, plan and permit new facilities, address critical climate change issues, restore habitats and water quality, protect natural and cultural resources, maintain compliance, and cost-effectively manage residuals and wastes.Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, or another related discipline (e.g., geophysics, geochemistry, environmental geology, engineering geology) + 4 years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.
- Valid U.S. Driver's License.
- Due to the nature of the work, US Citizenship is required.
- Preferred: Experience with developing conceptual site models, and preparing remediation strategies.
AECOM is the world's premier infrastructure firm, delivering professional services throughout the project lifecycle - from planning, design and engineering to consulting and construction management. We partner with our clients in the public and private sectors to solve their most complex challenges and build legacies for generations to come. On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy and the environment, our teams are driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world. AECOM is a Fortune 500 firm with revenue of approximately $20.2 billion during fiscal year 2018.