This position provides comprehensive environmental support to assigned geographic and or organizational sections. Responsible for moderately complex technical work in a wide range of environmental, disciplines to achieve compliance with the organization's Environmental standards and with federal, state and local regulatory requirements. Works under very general direction. Independently determines and develops approaches to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives. Applies specialized technical expertise to develop, implement and maintain programs, systems and procedures. Uses experience to anticipate and prevent Environmental incidents and hazards. Conducts investigation of incidents. Recommends improvements in moderately complex processes, design, procedures, and operating equipment to minimize the environmental hazard potential. Provides regulatory interpretation and technical advice. Maintains current knowledge of specific requirements imposed by government agencies and a working knowledge of the scientific and technical aspects of regulatory requirements and how they may impact company operations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Serve as single-points-of-contact or coordinators to implement environmental activities that require broad knowledge and experience in order to provide compliance solutions to Environmental issues.
- Provides direction for moderately complex work activities in order to comply with environmental regulations and corporate requirements.
- Develops, implements and recommends improvements in programs, systems and procedures.
- Provides regulatory interpretation and technical advice.
- Interacts with subject matter experts and customers to ensure consistent and thorough implementation of moderately complex Environmental programs, policies, and procedures.
- Anticipates and prevents Environmental incidents and hazards along with leads conducts investigation of incidents.