Are you curious, driven, and collaborative? Do you want to work at one of the most innovative and impactful biotech companies in the Bay Area? We were voted Method of the Year 2019 Nature Methods and #2 on the Scientist 2018 Top 10 innovations list. Our mission is to enable our customers to eliminate cancer.
Mission Bio is a start-up providing the best-in-class solution for single-cell genomics across the range of research and translational/clinical medicine. We are a small team that is growing rapidly, so this is an opportunity for a talented, driven individual to make a significant impact on the direction and success of an exciting young company. We are committed to diversity. If you are a collaborative, curious, hardworking professional who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic, supportive environment, we would love to meet you.About the Computational Biology team
The Computational Biology team is responsible for data analysis and algorithm development in support of adding new capabilities to Mission Bio's single-cell multi-omics Tapestri platform. We work closely with the Molecular Biology development and R&D teams in order to design experiments as well as the software development team in order to productionize our work. We are driven by a passion for applied data science and continually seek to improve our skills and knowledge through curiosity-driven collaboration. Team members are located both in our Bay Area headquarters and around the US.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned)
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Computational Biologist to join a growing team of bioinformaticians and assay development scientists dedicated to expanding Mission Bio's single cell genomic and multi-omic assays. The successful candidate will be a core member of Mission Bio's Early Research and Development team, which is responsible for expanding the cutting edge capabilities of our single-cell multi-omics Tapestri instrument. You will be responsible for collaborating with molecular biologists and microfluidics experts on experimental design followed by detailed analysis and interpretation of the resulting data. In addition you will interact with scientific collaborators in order to analyze data and publish the results of our research activities. The Early Research and Development team is dedicated to pushing the boundaries of what is possible in single-cell sequencing.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Team-up with molecular biologists and microfluidics experts to design experiments intended to expand the capabilities of Mission Bio's single-cell Tapestri instrument.
- Apply original statistical and analytical approaches to novel internal and public datasets to extract biological insight, generate testable hypotheses, and guide the direction of research.
- Work with external scientific collaborators to guide analyses, produce figures, and publish findings.
- Communicate analysis results to internal and external stakeholders via presentations and written documentation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The candidate should have:
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- PhD plus 3+ years of industry experience in computational biology, bioinformatics, statistics, mathematics, physics or related quantitative fields.
- Strong background in analysis of large, multi-sample NGS datasets - from raw reads to processed data. Experience with multiple omics methods (e.g., DNA/RNA-seq, ATAC-seq, Bis-seq, etc.) Firm understanding of statistical methods for NGS data interpretation.
- Experience working with single cell data and/or good understanding of the signal/noise relationships in single cell datasets.
- Expertise in at least one common programming language applied to data analysis (Python preferred, working knowledge of R a plus).
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills to work with both experimental and computational scientists in a collaborative environment
Mission Bio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or other characteristics protected by federal, state or local law.
Powered by JazzHR