Diversity - Innovation - Caring - Global Collaboration - Winning Spirit - Caring - High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we'll give you the opportunity to harness all that's within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we'll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you'll be supported in progressing - whatever your ambitions.About this role:
The Microbiologist I uses their science based education, experience, and skill set to work as part of a team in a medical device microbiology testing laboratory at the Boston Scientific Arden Hills campus. They ensure that all investigations, testing activities, and data analysis is performed at the highest level of quality while also supporting projects that drive business needs. Time management and planning skills are utilized while working with lab management guidance to develop their schedule to meet requirements.Your responsibilities will include:
What we're looking for in you:
- Primary responsibility will be the performance of routine testing activities such as bacterial endotoxin quantification (kinetic turbidimetric and gel clot), product bioburden, EtO residual, microbial identifications, environmental monitoring and other tests as assigned by lab management.
- Accurately document observations and test results.
- Assist with activities necessary for the on-going maintenance of the laboratory, including:
- sample log in
- supply management
- equipment maintenance
- laboratory cleaning
- media preparation
- dishwashing / tool sterilization
- Participate in lab continuous improvement projects.
- Create new and revise existing procedures, forms, and other BSC documentation.
- Maintain clear and effective communication with internal and external contacts.
- Perform NCEP/CAPA investigations relating to equipment failures, out of tolerance calibration events, or other various equipment related issues.
- Perform investigations related to test method issues or test limit excursions.
- Availability greater than 40hrs/wk when needed or requested by lab management may be required.
- Occasional travel between sites (up to 20 miles) may be required.
- BS Degree with 0-3 years of work experience in related discipline.
- Biology or Microbiology BS degree is preferred
- Experience working in microbiology or regulated environments is a plus.
- Must be able to physically manipulate various devices and products in a controlled and aseptic manner while performing disassembly actions. Some of these actions may require the testing Microbiologist to stand for extended periods of time while using tools to cut the test articles.
- Must be comfortable using standard computer software (Word editor, Email, etc.) and willing to learn non-standard computer software applications (LIMS, Document management systems, etc.)
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most - united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do - as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn't just business, it's personal. And if you're a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.