Job ID: 310953
Leviat, a CRH company, is a global leader in insulating, lifting, anchoring, and connecting technology for the construction industry. Leviat's engineered products and innovative construction solutions are used in a variety of market segments from residential to infrastructure, enabling users to build better, stronger, safer, and faster. The company employs nearly 3,000 people at 60 locations globally. Leviat's suite of trusted product brands include Meadow Burke, Halfen, and Thermomass.Job Summary
- The Leviat EHS&S Manager will be responsible for the occupational health, safety and environmental management of our plant facilities and distribution centers based in North America (PA, TX, IA, OR, CA, GA, NJ, FL), in alignment with the CRH guidelines for Environmental, Health and Safety management. This position will work closely with all levels of management and hourly employees to ensure environmental, safety, and health work standards and methodologies are communicated, and targeted goals are achieved through individual as well as team-based objectives and strategies.
- The EHS&S Manager will be based in either our plant located in Fort Worth or Converse, TX and will report to the VP of Manufacturing and have dotted line oversight of plant Safety Coordinators. This position will provide a consistent presence within the facilities they oversee and is expected to identify areas of improvement as well as present solutions to the operational teams which provide sustainable value for the growth of the EHS&S system. This person will also serve as a catalyst and expert resource to promote and develop an innovative and proactive safety culture within each organization.
- Providing expertise for local management regarding environmental, safety, and health issues and applicable regulations
- Advising and assisting local management in implementing, managing, and auditing within the framework of an innovative Health and Safety Management System in a manufacturing and construction setting
- Works with local Safety Coordinators to develop training topics and ensure safety training is completed.
- Being an active figure in shifting our safety culture from rules and regulatory compliance to a safety culture developed as a behavior driven value at all levels of the organization
- Providing oversight expertise for incident investigations, development of corrective plans and follow-up actions to prevent recurrence
- Ensuring timely reporting and claims management for workers compensation, general liability and automotive liability
- Coordinating health and industrial hygiene monitoring with risk management insurance provider
- Working to develop and standardize work processes, standards, and equipment throughout the area
- Influencing management decisions to positively affect the outcome of safety and business in the area
- Communicating frequently and consistently with the operational leadership and the VP of Manufacturing on areas of concern and performance metrics
- Working closely with regional leadership to develop programs and plans as required
- Assisting individual facilities with completion of goals and objectives as well as training verification
- BA/BS degree in Occupational Safety or related field or comparable professional experience in industrial safety preferred
- 3+ years manufacturing experience preferred
- Experience with Federal Environmental Regulations
- Expert knowledge of OSHA CFR 1910 and must be familiar with OSHA regulations pertaining to safety and health.
- 3+ years of EHS management experience
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written with many different types of employees
- High level of computer proficiency in MS Office products
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Mobility to attend various meetings and events at offsite locations
- Hours are extended throughout the year to include nights and weekends when necessary
- Travel required (50%+)
Leviat, a CRH Company Offers You
- Nationally recognized Safety and Health Certifications preferred (ASP, CSP, CIH)
- Nationally recognized Environmental certification(s)
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.