Market Development Business Analyst
Requisition ID: 164912BR
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
The Biosciences Division (BID ) is a $2.5 billion business with 4,000+ employees across the globe. Our team serves 480,000 customers with 70,000 products in 180 countries.? The majority of the business comes from academic and government funded customers, with the rest of the business coming from the pharmaceutical, biotech and healthcare industries as well as from the industrial market. With more than 4,000 patents, over 770,000 scientific citations and 70,000 products, BID is grounded in science.
How will you make an impact?
The Market Development Business Analyst for Molecular Biology Global Market Development will support the marketing team through supporting work management systems, querying and analyzing data, managing various processes and leading process improvement initiatives. This experienced, dynamic, technical Business Analyst will be a key member of the Molecular Biology Market Development team and will work with a broad team, across multiple programs, and support our regional partners to contribute to the overall growth of the Molecular Biology Business, globally.
What will you do?
- Support marketing effectiveness, project management, process optimization and track performance KPIs
- Project management and process optimization duties
- Act as the point person for the work management system
- Lead the team in process development and process flow mapping
- Build reports and obtain data as needed to help drive business decisions
- Utilize partnerships across the division to help drive continuous improvement
- Mitigate data inconsistencies and resolve operational issues as needed
- Proactively implement process improvement measures that enable the team to operate with efficiency, obtain and report data accurately, and drive positive customer centric outcomes
- ?Business analyst duties
- Curate, analyze, and present data to solve problems, drive change, and improve performance
- Identify operational improvements that allow the business to clearly address strategic priorities
- Maintain and improve existing budget management systems and dashboards.
- Impact business performance and operational efficiency through continuous improvement of internal and cross-functional processes.
- Automate processes and reporting as needed
How will you get here?
- Bachelor's degree in business, life science, engineering, or related degree
- Minimum 5 years' experience as a business analyst
- Experience developing data models and dashboards to aid in driving business decisions
- Marketing or commercial experience.
- Advanced knowledge in SharePoint and Microsoft Power Automate (Flow)
- Knowledge or experience in life sciences or with highly technical products
- Experience or knowledge of common business systems, data analytics, PowerBI, Adobe Analytics, Workfront etc.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge including simple macros.
- Exceptional communication skills with an astute attention to detail & accuracy
- Desire to learn about and understand our products and customers
- Pro-active, helpful, 'can-do' attitude.
- Able to build effective relationships, influence people, drive accountability and resolve conflict
- Self-managing and self-motivating, able to prioritize tasks effectively to meet deadlines and expectations
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Driven to continuously develop and improve own and team performance
- Strong business acumen, strategic planning skills, collaborative approach and customer focus are essential
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Compensation and Benefits:
The salary range estimated for this position is $100,000 - $140,000. This position will also be eligible to receive a variable annual bonus based on company, team, and/or individual performance results in accordance with company policy. Actual compensation will be confirmed in writing at the time of offer.
We offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package that our US colleagues and their families can count on, which generally includes:
- A choice of national medical and dental plans, and a national vision plan
- A wellness program, and valuable health incentive opportunities for company contributions to a Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) or Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Tax-advantaged savings and spending accounts and commuter benefits
- Employee assistance program
- At least 120 hours paid time off (PTO), 10 paid holidays annually, paid parental leave (3 weeks for bonding and 8 weeks for caregiver leave), accident and life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and volunteer time off in accordance with company policy
- Retirement and savings programs, such as our competitive 401(k) U.S. retirement savings plan
- Employees' Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) offers eligible colleagues the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status.