Element has an opening for a Microbiologist Technician
main duties are to ensure timeliness of testing, meeting client requirements. The Technician must provide services that are compliant to the MQA Quality Manual, client requirements and regulatory requirements as applicable such as; ISO 17025:2017, USP, EU, GLP, GMP, FDA and ICH guidelines.
- Performs testing such as microbial load estimation by different methods, MIC, MBC, disinfectant studies, antimicrobial assays, bacteria and mold identification, PCR, growth promotion, water chemical analysis, endotoxin test, virology assays, SDS PAGE, BCA, Cytotoxicity assays, cell banks and collects air, surface and water samples at MQA or client facilities and other tests as needed
- Follows protocols and procedures as needed
- Travels to client facilities to collect samples
- Provides lab support such as preparation of media or reagents, cleans and prepares equipment and glassware
- Complies with cGMP and company policies as required
- Provides in-put and suggestions as part of the company continuous improvement process
- Prepare SOPs or protocols as needed
- A minimum of an AS Degree in microbiology or related field of study is desired
- The position level will depend on the years of experience. The Lab Tech I requires 0-1 year of pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry experience or experience in a microbial controlled environment, Lab Tech II
- 2-3 years of experience and Lab Tech III 4-5 years' experience
- This position requires knowledge and hands-on experience in a microbiology lab and on several of the tests indicated above
- Experience in a GMP microbiology lab is highly desirable
- Excellent organizational skills along with good written and verbal communication skills in English. Excellent math skills. Proficiency in GMP's and strong computer skills. Ability to follow instructions and work as a team member
- Ability to work in a clean room environment, perform repetitive movements such as typing or pipetting, lift 25 pounds, ability to count colonies with normal lab equipment, stand for long period of times and discern color
We are Element, one of the fastest growing testing, inspection, certification and calibration businesses in the world.
We deliver critical services in Materials Testing, Product Qualification Testing, Certification, Device Calibration and Advisory Services to the Aerospace, Oil and Gas, Transportation, Industrials, Fire and Building product, Infrastructure and other leading sectors, where failure in service is simply not an option.
Everything we do helps our customers to build better products; get their products to market on time; save them time and money; and minimize the risk associated with product development and production.
Our mission is simple: to be the best testing partner in the world and together we strive towards a common vision of becoming the world's most trusted testing partner.
We have four values that we strive to live by every single day.
- Safety - We keep our colleagues and visitors safe
- Integrity - We act honestly and fairly to do the right thing
- Excellence - We set new standards of excellence in everything we do
- Partnership - We work together for the benefit of our customers
When combined with our mission and vision, the ethos this creates, enables Element to deliver one thing. CERTAINTY. We exist to help make certain that the materials and products we test, inspect, certify and calibrate for our customers are safe, quality, compliant and fit for purpose.
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming "the world's most trusted testing partner".
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.
Element is proud to be a full member of the Testing, Inspection & Certification Council (the "TIC Council"), an international association representing independent testing, inspection and certification companies.
Members of the TIC Council must implement and abide by the TIC Council Compliance Code. Element has therefore issued an overarching Code of Conduct which is supported by our Compliance Programme. A copy of the Code of Conduct and more information about our Compliance Programme can be found in the Governance and Integrity section of www.element.com.