RS&H is currently seeking an Aviation Water Resources Engineering Associate for the Aviation Practice in Jacksonville, Florida.
This individual will be part of the Environmental Stewardship and Resiliency (ESR) Service Group providing water resources consulting services to Aviation clients nationally. As a member of the ESR Service Group, this individual will help Aviation project managers and professionals identify and resolve water resources challenges associated with large building and infrastructure programs as well as ongoing airport operations. Further, the individual will help completing the planning, permitting and design of stormwater management facilities for airports around the United States. As stormwater projects are fully integrated with other large infrastructure improvements (e.g., runways, ramps, terminals, etc.), you will be the liaison between the regulator, the RS&H infrastructure design team and the client, facilitating the development of compatible best management practices, leading stormwater master plans and modeling studies, preparation of permitting documentation (e.g., wetland impacts, floodplain loss determination, construction, industrial stormwater discharge criteria, etc.), development of deicer runoff management systems, evaluating climate change impacts and adaptation plans and all other activities associated with planning, designing and constructing the recommended stormwater improvements.. Interests in developing proactive environmental programs and plans including operational sustainability, restoration, and long-term adaptation and resiliency.Requirements:
Modeling/Design Software Knowledge:
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering from an ABET-accredited college or university
- 2+ years of experience
- Interest in preparing regulatory documents needed to meet federal and state-specific environmental laws and regulations and FAA orders associated with compliance with federal laws and regulations. Interest in preparing NEPA documentation for airport improvement projects a plus.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is essential for use in completing assignments
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team environment and be highly responsive to client deadlines
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- AutoDesk (Civil 3D, SSA, Hydraflow)
- ArcGIS (extensions including 3D Analyst, Spatial Analyst, ArcHydro a plus)
- SWMM (EPA, XP, PC)
- HEC Software (RAS, HMS, etc)
- Water Quality models (e.g. SWMM, QUAL2K, WASP, etc)
- Understanding of airport environment and associated operations
- Certification by a professional board in the discipline of practice within 1 years is desired
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Medical and Dental
- Click Here for Full Benefits Information
If this sounds like the role for you and you're ready to join an amazing team, please apply.
Joining our Aviation team means an opportunity to explore your potential and apply your diverse skills to serve the large and small airports of the aviation industry as a trusted advisor. You can do this in a collaborative and team-oriented environment among other driven professionals. Service areas include airfields, buildings, facility planning, environmental planning, and environmental stewardship & resiliency. Join RS&H to define and master challenges, advance professionally, and build strong and lasting relationships.
RS&H provides fully integrated architecture, engineering, and consulting services to help clients realize their most complex facility and infrastructure projects for land, air, and space. We are committed to bringing extraordinary solutions to our clients through the promise of imagination, ingenuity, and innovation. With a tradition of excellence that began in 1941, we are consistently ranked among the nation's top 100 design firms. We attribute our success to an unwavering commitment to our core values of: integrity, quality service, business success and valuing associates. An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.