Job DescriptionJob Description: Senior Scientist/Cell Biology
Do you want to grow a company that positively impacts the world? We are seeking a cell biologist with an extensive experience to join our drug discovery team. Responsibilities will include execution and analysis of in vitro cellular assays to support small molecule discovery efforts as well as understanding of mechanisms of action. This individual will work closely with scientists within the group and CROs and present their findings to the department and project teams. The ideal candidate will be self-driven, eager to learn new techniques, highly organized and enjoys working in a creative and dynamic team environment.About us:
Aria Pharmaceuticals (formerly twoXAR Pharmaceuticals) is a preclinical-stage pharmaceutical company discovering and developing novel small molecule therapies for complex and hard-to-treat diseases. Too many patients today are in need of breakthrough treatments across many complicated diseases - they can't wait. That's why at Aria, we have redefined the drug discovery approach, saving years in the process and increasing success rates 30 times higher than traditional methods. At Aria, we've shown promise across a diverse range of therapeutic areas with the ability to address over 1,000 diseases.Responsibilities
- Work with Nonclinical R&D team and CROs to identify, design cellular and functional assays, validate assays, and qualify for screening of small molecules synthesized during hit-lead and lead optimization stages.
- Contribute to evaluation, optimization and assist in management of external biology CRO resources
- Be able to troubleshoot, develop technical solutions and optimize experiments at CROs for robust data output
- Work as part of a cross-functional project team to provide high-impact results.
- Carefully document research workflows, data and protocols.
- Capture experimental results in database.
- Prepare data summaries and reports for sharing with twoXAR Nonclinical R&D and management teams
- Deep knowledge of molecular biology, cell biology, and the drug discovery process, particularly lead validation through lead optimization stages
- Strong problem-solving and data analysis skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet aggressive project timelines
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage effectively with various levels of working teams and management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive, highly motivated, and comfortable working in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Ph.D. in immunology, molecular or cell biology or related discipline with 3-4 years of industry experience.
- Hands-on experience in development, optimization and execution of cellular assays applying multiple techniques including primary cell isolation, tissue culture, ELISA, flow cytometry, Western and multiplexing technologies (e.g. Luminex, MesoScale)
- Demonstrated track record in functional assay development in various therapeutic areas
- Familiarity with primary cell tissue culture, molecular biology techniques to support mechanism of action studies for drug candidates and target identification
- Ability to conceive, design and execute hypothesis-testing experiments that directly contribute to project success is essential
- Proficient in relevant programs for data analysis and visualization, e.g. GraphPad Prism, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word
- Experience working with CROs to manage assay design, execution, and data analysis
Aria Pharmaceuticals is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.