The EHS Manager is a member of the site leadership team that works to create an incident and injury free plant site while maintaining Environmental, Health, and Safety compliance.
Responsible for accurately interpreting EHS regulations and applicability to the plant site
Accountable for determining and reporting EHS compliance status and is responsible for leading compliance gap closure plans as needed
Works with the site leadership team and employees to create and maintain an incident and injury free workplace through modern safety performance improvement methodologies, utilization of leading indicators and eliminating at-risk behaviors.
Responsible for specific elements of the PSM program and supporting overall PSM compliance
Provide EHS expertise to support Company growth plans regarding new chemical processes and products
Manage, develop, and improve EHS training programs
Administer the EHS Incident/Near Miss reporting and corrective actions systemsJob Purpose
Accountable for leading the Company's programs related to employee health, safety, security, environment and regulatory compliance at the Pasadena, CA site.Key Responsibilities
Qualifications + Experience
- Leading/mentoring the organization regarding EHSS systems, procedures, auditing, and practices.
- Facilitates and reports on improving EHSS performance.
- Coordinate site assessments with group managers to monitor safety compliance.
- Lead / participate in incident investigations.
- Act as liaison with State, Federal and local agencies on safety and environmental issues.
- Provide risk management support to the organization for EHSS related issues.
- Injury/illness case management and documentation
- Analyze risk trends and manages risks.
- Serve as area subject matter expert in EHSS procedures and practices.
- Coordinates training for employees on EPA, OSHA and DOT safety topics using the company LMS or outside resources.
- Develops site specific training for employees on compliance and safety topics.
- Preparation, tracking, and analysis of area safety and environmental performance metrics
- Organize and schedule all necessary resources required to maintain compliance.
- Facilitate the review and upgrade to safety procedures and practices.
- Represent the organization in community and industry EHSS groups and programs.
- B.S. Degree and relevant experience is required.
- 5+ Years in EHSS role at an organization(s) that uses hazardous chemicals and performs hazardous chemical processes.
- Near term focus on staying compliant, avoiding all incidents, managing and reducing on-site hazardous materials/waste.
- Chemical regulation expertise needed either internally or via consultants.
- Familiarity with EPA, OSHA regulations, PSM, risk management, injury/illness recordkeeping, confined space entry, line break, lock and tag out, fall protection, and other safety work practices.
- Demonstrated oral/written communication skills: presents information and ideas to individuals or groups in an articulate and organized way, appropriate to the audience, and under a wide range of communication situations
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
- Demonstrated ability to resolve regulatory compliance gaps
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to drive change across organization
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Leadership, adaptability, flexibility, accountability, integrity, deductive reasoning, problem / opportunity recognition and problem solving, written comprehension, prioritization, and stress tolerance.
- Personal motivation and initiative: manage assignments/problems and is able to reach decisions with or without assistance. Maintains a high-energy level and anticipates needs and develops solutions.