Abt Associates seeks a qualified Environmental Economist/ Environmental Policy Analyst to support the Division of Health and Environment in executing economic and other technical aspects of projects that address challenges in public health and safety, natural resource management, and environmental quality.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Collaborates with Abt staff to support projects with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, and other federal and state agencies.
- Conducts research and economic analyses to inform public policy and regulatory decisions related to oil and hazardous chemical safety and other environmental and human health policy issues.
- Develops tools, models, and other resources to support data analyses, especially involving economic information.
- Applies quantitative and/or qualitative analysis techniques and methods.
- Works on assignments that are moderately complex under indirect supervision where there is latitude for independent action and decision-making.
- Independently analyzes issues to reconcile and resolve problems.
- May manage project components, delegating and reviewing work for accuracy, and quality.
- Keeps abreast of trends and developments in related fields.
Example Types of Projects
- Economic analyses of proposed rulemakings, including small business impacts.
- Collecting and analyzing economic data to profile specific industries, facilities, and geographic regions affected by regulatory actions
- Background in economics, resource/environmental economics, or a related discipline with an outstanding academic record.
- Familiarity with key environmental policies and programs, such as the Clean Water Act, and Toxic Substances Control Act.
- Research experience in environmental economics, health economics, and/or public economics
- Excellent quantitative skills, including expertise with Excel, R and/or SAS.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
Bachelor's Degree + One year of relevant experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.
The Division of Health and Environment (DHE) is rapidly growing our domestic health and environment portfolios as we expand our footprint in these thriving markets. As we race into the years ahead, we will continue to serve as a trusted advisor to our clients in providing innovative, evidence-driven solutions that contribute to a healthier environment and the health and safety of individuals, families, and communities. We are market leaders in providing policy and regulatory support; advancing public health and clinical epidemiology; providing environmental science, natural resource management, and ecosystem restoration; shaping healthcare policy and health services delivery; responding to mental health and substance use disorders; and studying the criminal justice system. If you want to work in a dynamic and collaborative work environment that fosters professional growth and promotes a culture of innovation, thought leadership, technical excellence, and collaboration, Abt is the right place for you!
At Abt Associates, we are committed to creating a lasting culture of equity, diversity and inclusion and recognize that in order to achieve full participation, our practices must be free of prejudice, discrimination, and bias that result in inequitable outcomes. We are actively working to advance equity for everyone, and while we still have much work to do, we know that racial and cultural diversity are an asset to our business and the communities where we live and serve. Our ongoing commitment is focused on creating business practices that advance racial and social equity, investments in community impact programs for the benefit of Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC), and expand upon project work related to racial equity and social justice.