We are seeking to hire an Environmental Services Manager for our Brea, Los Angeles or Walnut Creek, CA office within our Environmental Services Global Practice!
This position is responsible for assisting the Regional Manager in the strategic development of the California Environmental group. This includes responsibility for all the Environmental market segments, growing the practice in a dynamic and profitable manner based on Burns & McDonnell's core values of client satisfaction, commitment, dedication, integrity, safety and overall outstanding service.
Specific areas of responsibility include the following:
- Represent and grow the California Environmental Services (ENS) Practice.
- Identify key target clients for BMcD clients in California and the West US to organize a focused sales approach strategy.
- Working with key Global Practice and Regional Office leadership, be responsible for the following activities:
- Integrate into the existing California ENS Practice and assist in maintaining current client support and staff progression.
- Recruit key project staff with design and management capabilities.
- Manage a team - define an organization and work with office leadership to build a multidisciplinary team to deliver environmental services to target clients.
- Assist in development and administration of marketing and client maintenance monthly and annual budgets.
- Develop and implement project execution quality and financial controls.
- Conduct routine project management training and champion employee development.
- Assist the Regional Manager to develop a long-term strategic plan for growth and sustainability of the ENS business.
- Identifies, develops and directs the implementation of business strategies for the practice, including operational strategies and procedures, marketing strategies and pricing strategies, and sales and customer retention strategies. Must be able to maximize profit and billable hours on projects. Achieves stated targets and standards for financial performance.
- Executes projects meeting or exceeding client expectations for quality, schedule and budget.
- Plans, coordinates, communicates and facilitates activities of several disciplines on projects of all sizes from conception through completion. Successful completion of projects by collaborating and coordinating with internal and external clients.
- Initiates or assists in proposal development and contract negotiations; responsible for coordinating project planning including scoping, budgeting, maintaining schedules, communicating and managing deadlines and establishing and performing to critical project objectives.
- Ensures quality and safety standards.
- Adheres to BMcD Quality Control program.
- Responsible for maintaining BMcD Safety program.
- Assemble a team that will do the following in support of growing the practice:
- Create and cultivate key relationships within target client organizations.
- Develop a client service plan which includes a vertical relationship plan for the target client organizations.
- Identify project opportunities early and facilitate go/no-go decisions in cooperation with office leadership and ENS practice leadership.
- Facilitate strategy development to pre-sell projects before RFP release.
- Lead or facilitate proposal development for project pursuits.
- Lead contract and negotiations process for projects after selection.
- Develop relationships with key partners and subconsultants.
- This position is responsible for the sales and revenue and other goals for the ENS Global Practice in California in support of the Regional Manager.
- Attainment of sales, revenue and income goals for the California ENS Practice.
- Growth of the California ENS Practice based on sales, revenue, net income (profitability) and staff size.
- Attainment of billable time targets for ENS staff.
- Ability to maximize profitability on projects.
- Ability to attract, hire, develop, and retain the best people into BMcD.
- Ability to execute projects meeting or exceeding client expectations for quality, schedule and budget.
- Ability to execute projects in a manner to meet and exceed internal expectations for quality, schedule, labor/cost budgets, project profitability, safety and client satisfaction.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, architecture, environmental science, construction management or related field from accredited program.
- Minimum 7 years related professional experience.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- This position requires an individual capable of applying intensive and diversified knowledge of principles and practices to broad areas of assignments.
- Must be capable of devising new approaches to problems encountered.
- Previous consulting experience preferred.
- Professional registration preferred.
Primary Location US-CA-Los Angeles
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 201424
#LI-JJ #ENS N/A