Job Description:Environmental Specialist - Multi-Media Focus* (Cottage Grove, MN)Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it's equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 96,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
"A long-lasting career at 3M comes from having vision, imagination and the ability to see what doesn't exist. 3Mers are groundbreaking innovators and it's important that we give every person the space for disruptive and creative thinking." - John Banovetz, senior vice president and chief technology officer at 3M.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.The Impact You'll Make in this Role
As an Environmental Specialist - Multi-Media Focus
, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
Your Skills and Expertise
- Leads projects to improve environmental compliance and performance across all media (air, water, air, chemical management, remediation)
- Implements management systems programs and processes that ensure durable, self-documenting compliance with local, state, Federal and 3M standards
- Determines opportunities for environmental program improvements, develops strategic plans for improvement, involves appropriate stakeholders, implements changes and tracks to completion
- Supports site by working with engineers and leaders to ensure compliance requirements are incorporated into, and followed during, manufacturing processes. Supports corporate initiatives to create, improve or implement programs driving environmental performance.
- Willingness to be on-call for live support of emergency response events
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M requires (at a minimum) the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering or science discipline (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Five (5) years of environmental compliance experience in a private, public, government or military environment
- Five (5) years of Environmental Management System (EMS) experience in a private, public, government or military environment
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
Travel: May include up to 15% domestic Relocation Assistance: May be authorizedMust be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
- Master's degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Management, Chemical Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, Ecology, Environmental Science or related discipline from an accredited institution
- Seven (7) years of environmental compliance and EMS experience in a private, public, government or military environment
- Experiences that included: permit compliance, in-depth working knowledge of Federal air/water/waste regulations, Microsoft Office, in-depth working knowledge of quality-based management systems principles and practices (e.g., ISO-14001, TS-16949),
- Direct and indirect supervision of co-workers performing environmental management tasks in union and non-union settings
- Certification(s) such as: Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM), Professional Engineer (PE) Registration, Qualified Environmental Professional (QEP) or other certification/registration
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election. Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life - both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope. Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
Responsibilities of this position include that corporate policies, procedures and security standards are complied with while performing assigned duties.
Please access the linked document by clicking select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.