Associate, Process Development - Molecular Biology
4 days left
- Salary Type
Akron Biotech is continuing to transform and further its rapidly growing capabilities and is now seeking highly motivated professionals to join our expanding team. This is an exciting opportunity to play a critical role within our organization that is driving advanced therapy development and commercialization with high quality industrial scale solutions. We manufacture and distribute components and raw materials for cell therapy discovery, development, and commercialization to meet industry needs worldwide. We offer an array of highly competitive benefits and perks to our valued associates.
- Excellent hands-on tissue culture experience with cell lines
- A proven track record in a life sciences manufacturing setting in the development of enhanced expression platforms through host cell line engineering strategies and processes
- Successful experience generating stable cell lines for protein expression
- The ability to work collaboratively within and across departments
- Prepares experiments and samples for analyses
- Analyzes and accurately reports results, in a timely manner, to contribute to scientific meetings and project outcomes
- Operation and routine maintenance of laboratory instruments and troubleshooting procedures in accordance with established Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Accurately documents all procedures following customer requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience working with laboratory and manufacturing equipment
- Experience with basic protein analytical and cell line characterization methods (molecular and flow cytometry)
- Knowledge of regulatory aspects of cell line development processes
- General understanding of major regulatory requirements
- BS/MS in Biology, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry or related field. PhDs with some industrial experience will also be considered.
- 2-3 years direct laboratory experience
- Working knowledge of aseptic technique and cell culture
- Working knowledge of experimental laboratory instruments and scientific products (bioreactors along with associated software a plus)
- Experience with safe laboratory practices and procedures
- Previous experience working in a GLP/GMP facility a plus
- Constantly opening and closing lab receptacles, including removing and adhering plate seals, twisting caps, lifting lids.
- Occasionally ascending/descending a ladder to retrieve lab supplies.
- Constantly positioning self to pour or pipette reagents used for the lab process, including large and small volumes.