Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world's leading educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 280,000 team members deliver innovative experiences and services in food, facilities management and uniforms to millions of people every day. We strive to create a better world by making a positive impact on people and the planet, including commitments to engage our employees; empower healthy consumers; build local communities; source ethically, inclusively and responsibly; operate efficiently; and reduce waste. Aramark is recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Human Rights Campaign (LGBTQ), DiversityInc, Black Enterprise and the Disability Equality Index. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
This position will report to the VP of Environmental Health and Safety and will provide environmental technical support for the Safety & Risk Control (S&RC) department. A desire to build and strengthen environmental regulatory knowledge and understand effective program implementation is essential.
- Work closely with representatives from all Lines of Business (LOBs) within the organization, Legal and other departments to provide support on all environmental matters.
- Provide general technical support to the S&RC department and the organization concerning environmental compliance and risk.
- Manage field level inquires requiring environmental subject matter support and assist in resolution.
- Support development and maintenance of environmental program tools and resources (i.e., website, program documents, training modules, visual aids).
- Coach and lead field operations in executing Aramark environmental policies, programs and standards to reduce risk.
- Assist S&RC with execution of environmental initiatives (i.e., pilot processes, scale-up)
- Assist in compliance inspections and resolution of notice of violations, citations, etc.
- Support S&RC in presenting field training on environmental compliance and risk topics.
- Support with researching regulations and tracking changes that could impact operations.
- Measure, monitor and evaluate field effectiveness of Aramark SAFE processes and regulatory compliance readiness related to environmental
- Track and monitor emerging trends, arising and/or changes in environmental best practices.
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry, geology, engineering or related safety or environmental discipline.
- 5-7 years of safety and/or environmental experience. A Master's degree in a technical or business discipline is preferred.
- Diverse background/experience in addressing environmental issues and understanding of environmental compliance programs.
- Understanding of EPA regulations and environmental best practices is also required.
- Knowledgeable of ISO 14001 principles (to serve global clients), quality assurance programs (Six Sigma, ISO, etc.) and sustainability initiatives is also desirable.