Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life. The Impact You'll Make
You will help manage the development of the world's leading tech-enabled drug discovery platform. You will work with peers across the company to grow Recursion's capabilities in large-scale biological data generation, focusing on the development of scaled-omics tools, including transcriptomics, proteomics and more. In particular, you will:
The Team You'll Join
- Guide strategy for ongoing projects and future opportunities
- Build large-scale machine learning-enabled -omics processes
- Multiply a team of data scientists, biologists, and engineers
- Improve on novel assays and analysis approaches
- Coordinate delivery of complex projects
Recursion's Product team translates company-level strategy into specific internal development projects and capabilities. We decide what to build and express the why, while supporting builders to manage the how. We focus our decisions on the long-term impact that the new capabilities have on our in-house drug discovery programs. Join us to guide the development of the industry's first truly industrialized drug discovery engine. The Experience You'll Need
- PhD & 3+ years of industry (or 5+ years industry only) experience focused on one or more -omics assays, for example in transcriptomics, lipidomics, metabolomics or proteomics. This development experience could for example be focused on the biology assay, software tooling, or data science analysis approaches.
- Experience building production systems, such as high throughput screening assays, or high-volume software analysis pipelines.
- Experience delivering novel systems and solutions
- Experience in product management or similar practice including strategy, planning, prioritizing, building, implementation, and gathering feedback for complex team efforts
The Benefits/Perks You'll Enjoy
- Understand how to translate between experts in engineering, chemistry and data science to identify business needs and find solutions
- Lifelong learner with a creative, collaborative approach
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs**
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility** (Salt Lake City)
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars** (Salt Lake City)
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking** (Salt Lake City)
**United States based employees More About Us
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world's largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Learn more at www.recursion.com, or connect on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.