United States of America - Pennsylvania, Conshohocken
AECOM is seeking an Entry-Level Ecologist to be based in Conshohocken, PA.
This position is expected to begin in July 2021.
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible - the world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
- Named one of Fortune magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" for the sixth consecutive year
- Ranked #1 in Engineering News-Record 's 2020 "Top 200 Environmental Firms
- Ranked #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering News-Record 's 2020 "Top 500 Design Firms
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
With world class technical expertise, leading edge technology and innovative project delivery capability around the world, AECOM's global environmental practice helps industry and government meet their business goals - to achieve compliance, reduce or eliminate risks and manage impacts. We provide advisory and technical services to help clients cleanup and close contaminated sites and surplus operational facilities and restore them for reuse, plan and permit new facilities, address critical climate change issues, restore habitats and water quality, protect natural and cultural resources, maintain compliance, and cost effectively manage residuals and wastes.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to :
- Utilizing basic scientific principles, theories, practices and existing technologies to develop solutions for technical problems with limited scope.
- Collecting and entering data, and applying technical principles and theories.
- Interpreting and recording data, conducting analyses, comparing findings to relevant studies and local, state and federal regulations to ensure compliance.
- Participating in field events for collection of biological/environmental (fish, benthic invertebrates, surface water, sediment, soil, and porewater) samples.
- Bachelor's degree in Biology or related field (e.g., fisheries, ecology)
- Must have fisheries experience
- Experience operating, maintaining, and trailering small motorboats (14' - 20')
- Must have a Valid Driver's License
- 0-2 years of experience with ecological investigations
- Must be willing to travel for up to a week at a time
- Ability to troubleshoot problems
- 40 Hour OSHA HAZWOPER training certificate
- Working knowledge of statistical software (e.g., ProUCL, R, etc.)
- Knowledge of environmental data collection, investigation, and data entry
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with use of Trimble GPS units
- Detail-oriented, thorough, and can effectively manage time
- High degree of self-motivation and the ability to work independently with limited supervision, as well as in a collaborative team environment
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Sciences
Business Line Environment
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 250810BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.