At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman's Mission Systems sector is seeking a Manager, Environmental Health and Safety to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Woodland Hills, CA. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Mission Systems Sector Environmental, Health, Safety & Fire Protection organization, responsible for developing and administering the policies, processes, and programs for our Woodland Hills operations. This position will also provide EHS support to other regional Mission Systems Sector sites.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage the development, implementation, and maintenance of environmental, health, and safety (EHS) programs to insure compliance, injury prevention, and risk mitigation.
- Manage and implement EHS compliance and management systems in accordance with governmental and company requirements.
- Manage hazardous material management and chemical tracking and inventory programs.
- Evaluate proposed federal, state, and local EHS compliance laws and regulations to determine impact to compliance programs and business operations.
- Partners with business leaders to continuously improve the culture, awareness, and accountability in support of EHS programs.
- Interpret laws and regulations to determine applicability for facilities of responsibility and implement programs to comply.
- Manage and lead EHS professionals in accomplishing the EHS program aspects described above.
- Implements EHS management systems sector-level programs and associated documentation.
- Must be able to effectively manage individuals and teams and have excellent interpersonal skills and experience in a team environment.
- Position will interface with regulatory representatives, senior management, site EHS committees, and the Emergency Response and Crisis Management teams.
- Must demonstrate personal integrity and high ethical standards in customer contacts as well as all internal relationships.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelors of Science degree in either Engineering, Environmental, Health, Safety, Physical Science or similar technical field plus 9+ years of related work experience; OR 7+ years of related experience with a Master's degree in Engineering, Environmental, Health, Safety, Physical Science or similar technical field.
- Excellent communication and collaborations skills with all levels of an organization are a must.
- Ability to solve complex problems by: actively seeking information and new ideas from a variety of sources; consistently looking for novel ways to solve problems; mastering unfamiliar information, tasks and situations quickly and effectively.
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) Secret clearance (U.S. Citizenship required).
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Master's Degree in Environmental, Health, Safety, Engineering, Business Administration or similar
- Certifications in environmental or health & safety related programs.
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint and Access programs.
- Demonstrated ability to independently prioritize, plan and execute in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment while maintaining high quality results
- Strong management, coaching, and collaboration skills
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience in implementing and maintaining management systems such as ISO 14001, ISO 45001, and VPP programs.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Environmental, Health & Safety