FMC Corporation is a leading specialty company focused on agricultural technologies. FMC provides innovative and cost-effective solutions to enhance crop yield and quality by controlling a broad spectrum of insects, weeds and disease, as well as in non-agricultural markets for pest control. FMC is a globally diverse organization that offers its employees exciting opportunities to work on challenging projects that are important to the achievement of our strategic objectives. Your education and professional experience are valued and put to use from day one. Your success at completing key initiatives can result in a varied, progressive and fulfilling career with FMC. With a corporate culture of innovation, integrity, responsibility and customer intimacy, we foster "The Right Chemistry" in everything we do. We are looking for people to join us in creating, developing, and improving our products, our processes, and our markets. If you are ready to make a difference every day, FMC is ready to talk to you.
FMC is an Agricultural Sciences Company which provides innovative products to the agriculture industry. Our business has a robust pipeline of new products that anticipate our customers' needs and contribute to their long-term prosperity while advancing agriculture.
FMC Global Research and Development is looking for a Discovery Environmental and Biological Fate Scientist to join the Investigative Sciences team at our Stine Research Center in Newark, Delaware. This position reports to the Manager of the Investigative Fate group and will provide the technical and analytical support necessary to identify and assess the processes that impact a molecule's efficacy and environmental safety. These processes include degradation in soils, degradation in plants and/or insects, hydrolysis, photolysis, volatilization, and sorption. This knowledge is applied to advance our understanding of a molecule's biological efficacy and environmental performance to guide its optimization, ultimately leading to product registration in the global marketplace.
See Yourself in FMC, Be Yourself in FMC
At FMC, we strive to be an inclusive workplace where our employees reflect the community,
are valued, find purpose in their work, and grow and contribute to their fullest potential.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary group of scientists within the Research and Development organization to discover and develop novel and innovative crop protection products.
- Design, conduct and interpret the results of timeline-driven studies to understand the fate of crop protection products in soil, plants, and insects.
- Compile data generated internally and externally through contract research organizations to characterize the behavior of potential new crop protection products.
- Serve as a technical mentor for colleagues and stakeholders on new study designs and data collection techniques.
- Effectively communicate technical information to diverse internal and external customers.
- Ph.D. (or equivalent experience) in a discipline related to evaluating the behavior of organic molecules in the natural environment.
- A strong background in mass spectrometry is highly desirable, as would be a working knowledge in soil chemistry or physics as it applies to crop protection products.
- Excellent interpersonal and organization skills, demonstrated ability to work well in a team setting and effectively manage stakeholders.
- Thorough understanding of how the physical and chemical properties of a molecule relate to its movement and degradation in the environment as well as its biological activity. Experience with modeling soil solute transport would be a plus.
- Proficient experimental design and data analysis, ability to conduct non-standard laboratory/greenhouse studies to characterize the behavior of molecules and their breakdown products in various biological and abiotic matrices.
- Demonstrated analytical or bioanalytical chemistry skills, including chemical extraction from complex matrices and experience with analytical instrumentation, qualitative and quantitative analyses, specifically via HPLC and LC/MS.
- At least 5 years in the agrochemical industry or relevant experience is desirable.
At FMC, diversity and inclusion are in our DNA. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to creating an inclusive workplace where all employees can thrive - regardless of race, gender, sex, pregnancy, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, color, age, religion or religious creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. FMC also supports employee participation in company employee resource groups that celebrate the diverse backgrounds of our workforce by providing communities for employees to connect with each other and raise awareness throughout FMC.
FMC complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact our Talent Acquisition department at email@example.com.