Fleet Environmental Compliance Specialist (Job Number: 2108657 )
The Environmental Compliance Specialist will serve as a dedicated resource to ensure our policies, maintenance procedures and practices conform with and support state, federal and provincial law in the areas of environmental protection, regulatory practices and required certifications that support environmental compliance of our vehicles, as well as ensure the safety of our associates and customers.
- Work with the Legal, Environmental and Maintenance Departments to develop or support policies and procedures that ensure Federal, State, County and Province environmental requirements are met through both our procedural actions and documentation/record retention.
- Support communications and status tracking of any key compliance campaigns.
- Ensure to document any new environmental procedures and maintains currency of existing procedures.
- Ensure that any procedures have been written/edited, are effectively communicated to appropriate field associates and leadership.
- When applicable, also ensure any customer facing communications are provided to our marketing team.
- Work with the Director of Reliability and Uptime as well as the Procurement and Fleet Planning team to ensure our specification options support any State, County, Province requirements, with the assumption that any vehicle built for the NA market will conform to Federal requirements.
- Track key trends in government and industry and work with the Compliance and Communications manager to ensure pertinent strategic information is shared with the Maintenance Leadership Team.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor's Degree in related field of study or minimum of 5 years work experience in Environmental Engineering or Science, Government Relations
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations :
100 Kachel Boulevard
Reading, PA 19607
Primary Location : United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
Job : Other Corporate
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: : PTL.Environmental Compliance Specialist
Req ID: 2108657